Internal Audit Manager (M/F)
Publicatiedatum : 22 juni 2017
Type aanwerving : Permanent
Robert Half is currently recruiting for an Internal Audit Manager (M/F).
The company is located in the region of Waregem.
Mission (job objective):
- internal Audit is responsible for conducting operational, financial, regulatory and compliance audits while maintaining objectivity and independence;
- the internal Audit Manager executes internal audit missions based on the annual internal audit plan;
- the internal Audit Manager supports internal control projects (i.e. write policies & procedures; IT application controls, etc.).
Interlocutors/ Working environment:
- divisional and group management, finance departments, Audit Committee;
- the internal Audit Manager will have a junior auditor as a direct report;
- the internal Audit Manager will functionally report to the President of the Audit Committee.
Your main responsibilities include:
- implement the annual audit plan, including any special task or project requested by the Audit Committee, the Executive Committee or Management;
- responsible for planning, executing and completing internal audit fieldwork, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls;
- issue reports to the Audit Committee and management summarizing results of audit activities, major audit findings and recommendations;
- develop a thorough understanding of business processes, corporate strategy, controls and risks to provide reliable and independent assurance on the design and effectiveness of the control framework;
- establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adoption of internal control principles, with the assistance of the group controlling department;
- embrace the company's compliance principles as a key component of audit process;
- proactively look for areas of improvement during the audit process and provide value adding recommendations that are pragmatic, address root causes and lead to control/ process improvements.
- timely and efficient execution of audit missions and internal control projects;
- number of internal audit projects;
- update knowledge in the field of expertise.
The requirements for this function are:
- Master in economics/ applied economics, commercial engineer with min. 5 year experience, preferably in an internal audit function. BIG 4 experience is an advantage;
- demonstrated ability to read, write and speak clear English/ French and Dutch;
- IT risk knowledge: understand the major security related risks that occur in delivering IT services to the organization;
- thorough knowledge of internal controls.. Good understanding of business processes. Knowledge of SAP is an asset;
- project management skills; apply project management techniques to effectively and efficiently prepare and manage internal audit projects;
- business process analysis skills: understand business processes, analyze/ present them using flow chart techniques, identify gaps, etc.;
- risk and control knowledge: understand the specific risks related to operational activities and is able to propose appropriate control measures to manage the risk effectively;
- promote internal control and risk management within the group;
- strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with multiple levels;
- ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- result oriented;
Kwadestraat 153 bus 2.3