Finance & Controlling Director (M/F)
Publicatiedatum : 17 maart 2017
Type aanwerving : Permanent
Omschrijving :Robert Half is currently looking for a Finance & Controlling Director (M/F).
For an international company, located in the region of Waregem.
Objective of the position
- the role of Controlling Director is a Business Critical position operating with great influence. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the deployment of the strategy & growth and development of the BU worldwide by providing accurate financial analysis and guidance to the VP of the Business Unit (incl. management team) & CFO of the group;
- the candidate will report to the VP of the business unit, with dotted line to the Group CFO.
- contributes to the development and implementation of BU strategy worldwide;
- financial advisory role for the unit, working close with the (corporate) specialists such as tax, legal, treasury, etc.;
- improve - and where needed to develop - the management (incl. financial) reporting and control systems to provide accurate and appropriate and in-time information to the management to ensure correct and appropriate decision making;
- ensures the systematic and timely management reporting of financial and operating results (financial/non-financial parameters) encompassing variance analysis (versus budget) and translate the financial results into solid business recommendations and suggested action plans (incl. follow up on these action plans with the project owners);
- coordinates and challenges the budgeting and forecasting process (both income and cash flow statements) and playing an important role in the strategic planning process;
- measures and analyses productivity, production costs versus standard cost prices and advises on differences;
- analyses and evaluates business projects (e.g. investments,…) from an economic standpoint, in order to watch profitability on business unit level;
- evaluates and adjusts company's business finance and controlling processes and procedures;
- active role in diverse projects (e.g. related to the due diligence or integration of acquisitions).
The successful candidate will be a finance professional with a strong business sense, having demonstrated a technical proficiency and track record of impact in an international business/ finance role.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years work experience in a finance department of an international organization of which min. 3 years in an international business environment or company. Strong interpersonal skills are must in combination with the ability to work in a global team environment with a lot of cultural and international diversity
- university degree;
- open minded and excellent communicator - good presentation and business writing skills ;
- self-starter, can work independently, takes initiatives;
- thinks and acts pro-actively, problem solver;
- puts business success ahead of personal success;
- analytic - pragmatic - result driven - eye for detail where needed;
- can set his own priorities and respects the deadlines;
- fluent in English and French;
- familiar with modern frequently used software i.e. Word, Excel & PowerPoint; Windows XP; SAP (ideally FI/CO, MM, SD));
- willing to travel regularly.
Position will be based in Belgium with regular travelling abroad.
Kwadestraat 153 bus 2.3