Tax Specialist - region of Turnhout
Publicatiedatum : 02 augustus 2017
Type aanwerving : Permanent
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently recruiting a Tax Specialist to join a production firm based in the region of Turnhout.
Our client is the number one service provider in the global market of plastics, rubber and chemicals.
The Indirect Tax expert provides effective support to the Tax Manager and Finance management on domestic and foreign indirect tax issues in Europe. He/she reports to the Tax Manager Europe.
In your role as VAT expert you will be involved in challenging Indirect Tax opportunities and projects. You will provide VAT support & advice to the EMEA business by understanding the business flows of the group, while acting as a central point of contact for VAT within the group. You will also be responsible for the actual review of the European VAT compliance of the group.
Tax accounting responsibilities
- Collaborate with accountants and consultants and review the indirect tax returns on a local and European level.
- Prepare and participate in VAT audits.
- Assist other departments (e.g. sales and purchase departments) on VAT related questions.
- Collaborate with external auditor at year-end.
- Collaborate on other tax projects as they arise.
Process and systems
- Contribute to European projects: systems, integration of new entities, maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Work with the legal department and the finance department to establish and monitor the enhancement of goals and objectives.
- Work with the IT department on European VAT projects.
- Guide younger and foreign colleague.
- Collaborate with the other internal departments.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Economics or Law, preferably with tax specialization or similar through experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in VAT within an international context.
- Solid European VAT knowledge.
- Experience in ERP systems (e.g. JDE) is a strong asset.
- Problem solver who is able to apply the Indirect Tax legislation in a pragmatic way.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Eagerness to learn; actively seeking opportunities for self-development and learning.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Demonstrates market and business awareness in a broader context.
- Ability to work well independently and within deadlines.
- Being professional and well-organized.
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is required.
- Other European language skills are considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- An advanced level in Excel.
Our client offer you a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, company car & the opportunity to grow in a solid multinational with strong entrepreneurial & family values.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.