VAT compliance officer- region Herentals
Boekhouding en finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently recruiting a VAT compliance officer to join a production firm based in the region of Herentals.
Our client is the number one service provider in the global market of plastics, rubber and chemicals.
In your role as VAT Compliance Officer you will be involved in the review and monitoring of the day-2-day Indirect Tax compliance obligations of the Ravago group and will be responsible for the timely filing of the VAT & Intrastat returns. You will take a key role in the further roll out of the VAT reporting tools in Europe and beyond. You will be responsible for the daily management of the VAT reporting tools and the handling of reporting errors throughout the business. You will assist the business with operational questions on the VAT coding of transactions and will be involved in (internal and external) VAT audits.
Tax accounting responsibilities
- Daily monitoring and handling of the errors as indicated by the VAT reporting tools, this both on a local and European level
- Coordinate the timely submission of VAT & Intrastat returns
- Prepare and participate in VAT audits
- Monitor VAT obligations in countries outside Europe as they arise
- Assist other departments (eg. accounting, sales and purchase departments) on VAT related questions
- Collaborate with external auditor at year-end
Process and systems
- Further roll out of the VAT reporting tool in Europe: integration of new entities, design and maintenance of policies and procedures, training of Ravago users
- Onboard non European countries to the VAT reporting tool
- Contribute to other European Indirect Tax projects as they arise, e.g. VAT coding tools
- Work with the local finance departments to establish and monitor the enhancement of compliance goals and objectives
- Work with the IT department on European VAT projects
- Collaborate with the other internal departments, eg sales department
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Economics or Law, preferably with tax specialization or similar through experience
- 2-3 years of experience in preparing and/or reviewing indirect tax compliance in an international context
- Solid European VAT knowledge
- Experience with ERP systems and VAT reporting/determination tools is a strong asset
- Problem solver who is able to apply the Indirect Tax legislation in a pragmatic way
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Result oriented and focused on quality
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in compressed timeframes & ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work with cross cultural teams
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Demonstrates market and business awareness in a broader context
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is required
- Other European language skills are considered as an asset
- An advanced level in Excel
Our client offer you a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, company car & the opportunity to grow in a solid multinational with strong entrepreneurial & family values.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :