Chief Accountant - region Mechelen
Boekhouding en finance
Are you looking for an opportunity as Chief Accountant in the region of Mechelen? Robert Half Finance & Accounting would like to help you!
You will be working in the offices based in Mechelen.
The Chief Accountant's role is to ensure and safeguard accounting within the company in compliance with national and international statutory and regulatory requirements for public companies.
Your general accountabilities are:
- (Monthly) closings
- Implementation of IFRS regulations and reporting
- Management of audits by external auditor
- Updating, improving, expanding and controlling of internal accounting systems, for the group and its as well as a joint venture in China in close collaboration with involved auditors
- Ensuring internal control processes in support of the accounting systems, with the intent of moving towards compliance with the COSO 2013 framework
- Preparing, planning and safeguarding of a diligent execution of all periodic accounting financial closing activities, including accounting controls and reconciliations for each of the relevant Group entities.
- Execution of periodic group consolidation activities for all entities in compliance with amongst others IFRS reporting, in consultation with external advisors when needed
- Preparation of formal financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement) with supporting schedules and notes in compliance with international and local financial reporting standards, and this on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis as per company and regulatory requirements
- Preparing, executing and safeguarding of interim and annual external audit reviews
- Safeguarding compliance with all (in)direct tax (Income tax, VAT, import/export duties, royalty and dividend withholding taxes, levies) obligations and reporting requirements.
- In charge of preparing annual and periodic income tax declarations and analyses in close collaboration with external tax advisors
- Leads the accounting team, continuously develops and optimizes the potential and capabilities of people
Your profile has the following:
- Qualified accountant with an excellent and post qualification knowledge of (IFRS and Belgian) accounting (e.g. IAB or BIBF)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting experience in an international environment
- Preferably work experience within big 4 audit companies
- Specific professional knowledge
- Strong up to date knowledge of Belgian accountancy legislation and IFRS
- Good knowledge on internal control processes, frameworks and executing formal audit processes
- In-depth knowledge on group consolidation activities
- Knowledge on ERP systems (experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus) and BI reporting tools
- Good knowledge of Belgian Tax and VAT legislation
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Stress resistant and flexible
- Quick learner and able to work autonomously
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of MS Office: Outlook, Excel (strong capabilities required), Word, Power Point
You will receive a competitive salary including a company car, meal vouchers and group- and healthinsurance.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :
AntwerpenJan Van Gentstraat 1 bus 301