Financial Accountant - international company - Ghent
Publicatiedatum : 04 augustus 2017
Type aanwerving : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a Financial Accountant (m/f).
Our client is an international company active in chemicals manufacturing situated region Ghent.
As a Financial Accountant your primary responsibilities are:
- Assist in accurate, timely, and qualitative financial reporting in line with legislation and corporate standards
- Assisting in ensuring that financial statements fairly represent the state of affairs of the company
- Assist the Financial Controller in month end closing activities and Consolidation process
- Preparing, coding and registration of invoices
- Preparation of payment batches
- Preparing/reviewing relevant journal entries
- Preparing relevant GL reconciliations
- Preparing/assessing the need for accruals & provisions
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory annual financial statements
- Preparations and assistance in both External & Internal audit processes
- Preparing tax & Intrastat filings (VAT declarations & corporate tax )
- Assist in the monthly Financial reporting to Corporate HQ
- Effective inventory valuation management
- Experience in ERP implementation (SAP)
- Assist in responding to ad hoc request and lead assigned project management responsibilities
- Effective Corporate Governance: adherence to Global and local Standards and Ensuring Control
The requirements of a Financial Accountant are:
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance
- Approximately 5 years of financial accounting experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Fluency in Dutch/English is a must.
- Good knowledge of tax regulations (VAT & Income tax)
- Experience working in an international Environment
- Experience with SAP would be very advantageous
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, SAP & BI, excellent Excel skills, etc)
Interested to work as a Financial Accountant in an international company active in chemicals manufacturing? Please apply now.
We offer you a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits: group and health insurance, meal vouchers, net allowances etc.