Accountant - IT - Ghent
Boekhouding en finance
Robert Half is currently looking for an Accountant (m/v).
The company is active in information technology and is situated region Ghent.
The responsabilities of the Accountant:
On a daily base, you will be focussing on maintaining our transactional processes:
- Order-to-cash process (Accounts Receivable);
- Purchase-to-pay process (Accounts Payable);
- Banks, credit & collection;
- Close communication with clients, suppliers & other stakeholders.
During closing periods, you will be focussing on the G/L accounting level:
- Verification & bookings of cost centre splits;
- Accruals and provisions (revenue, cost, payroll, etc.);
- Asset management (depreciations, investments);
- Tax preparation and/or declaration (VAT, corporate tax, withholding tax, etc.)
- (Informal) consolidation
Ad hoc assignments could cover, for example:
- Support & preparation for local reporting obligations (e.g. annual statements, audit, etc.) in BE, UK, and future countries;
- Subsidies & diverse tax (exemption) topics;
- Support on the implementation of new financial software tools (e.g. ERP/accounting, expense tool, etc.);
- Support on other automation and process improvement projects.
The requirements of the Accountant:
- A can-do attitude, and a healthy dose of energy, passion and enthusiasm;
- Sufficient background & interest in accounting & fiscal subject matter;
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant experience (e.g. Big-4 accounting dptmt, accountancy firm or corporate function);
- Experience/affinity with modern finance & accounting tools is a plus (Exact Online, Teamleader, Basecone, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch & English are a must, French is an asset);
- Accurate mind-set and an eye for detail;
- Willingness to learn & develop your skills.
What we offer
- A broad job scope with a lot of opportunity for personal growth in a fast-growing company;
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- A stimulating working environment with passionate colleagues;
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruit &... cocktails on Friday;
- Regular & fun team activities.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :