General Ledger Accountant (M/F) - Brussels Region
Publicatiedatum : 06 februari 2017
Type aanwerving : Tijdelijk
Omschrijving :Accountemps is currently recruiting a General Ledger Accountant (M/F) to join one of our clients.
The company is located in the region of Brussels.
The scope of responsibilities for this position as a General Ledger Accountant includes:
- You will enter all journal entries into the accounting software within several legal entities;
- You will record supporting information for all journal entries;
- You will support in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing;
- You will prepare monthly balance sheet and P&L variance analysis (together with Head of Finance Department and Financial planning Manager);
- You will prepare all monthly accrual and deferral transactions;
- You will prepare balance sheet accounts reconciliations;
- You will maintain detailed listings of the contents of all balance sheet accounts;
- You will create recurring journal entry templates;
- You will ensure that reversing entries occur;
- You will assist internal and external auditors with journal entry examinations;
- You will prepare and post monthly salary administration;
- You will interface with management in various departments, including marketing, logistics, sales operations, IT and HR;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of all statistical information to the external accounting agents;
- You will prepare annual statutory accounts considering all USGAAP adjustments versus local Belgium reporting requirements;
- You will prepare all legal reports and control all official publication requirements are fulfilled;
- You will prepare the income tax declarations for EMEA legal entities, based on statutory accounts;
- You will partner with external accounting agents responsible for statutory filing and tax filing requirements of all affiliates of the EMEA group;
- You will ensure proper recognition of tax liabilities/prepaids and tax assessments on both current and prior fiscal years for all affiliates of the EMEA group;
- You will implement and maintain best practice policies and procedures that increase productivity in the areas of tax reporting and compliance;
- You will support the Senior Financial Analyst and the AR Accountant :
- Ensure proper recording of all accounting entries timely;
- Ensure proper recording of all promotions and discount accruals, accounting for all Flex Funds and other agreements that have financial impact on gross margin;
- Support the AP and AR position on different topics.
The required qualifications for this position as a General Ledger Accountant are:
- You hold a bachelor degree in Economics or Finance;
- You have minimum 3 experience as Accountant;
- You speak fluent Dutch and English;
- You are precise and you keep good structure and overview;
- You are able to set priorities and complete work against timeline set in advance;
- You are open for changes and you proactively look for improvements.
Interested in this position? Apply today!