Financial & Administration Manager - Brussels
Boekhouding en finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently looking for a Financial & Administration Manager (M/F) for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a fast growing company active in the retail sector.
As Financial & Administration Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead the Belgium and Luxembourg accounting team (10 people) and ensuring to meet all local accounting, tax and legal requirements for all Group Brands and Companies;
- Meet all Group requirements in relation to Group procedures and Group Reporting, especially in relation to the month-end closing reporting (under IFRS);
- Analyse and implement group policies;
- Supervising all accounting related areas: treasury, taxation, transactions, budget accounting and bookkeeping;
- Supporting of external audits;
- Implement and continually supervise group internal control procedures;
- Cash flow forecast and banking relationships;
- Supervise all task related to general affairs, stock management;
- Responsible for financial statements and report preparation on a regular and special request basis; assisting departments with accounting data;
- Perform complex accounting work according to generally accepted accounting principles;
- Prepare tax related documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports;
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts. Perform verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices and balances;
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and implement the year end closing processes and procedure; conduct yearend closing process; conduct self-standard internal audits of various accounting records;
- Prepare a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
The required profile for the Financial & Administration Manager position:
- At least 10 years accounting/tax/controlling experience;
- A bachelor's or higher degree in Finance, Economics or other relevant subjects;
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English. Knowledge of Spanish will be valued;
- PC skill (MS-word, excel, access);
- High knowledge accounting principles and procedures and IFRS;
- Knowledge of internal control procedures (SOX valuable);
- Knowledge of commercial laws, tax laws, customs law, labour's laws;
- Strong people management skills;
- Strong leadership by assigning work/projects and problem solving profile;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience in the Big 4 and/or in a similar position, ideally in the retail industry will be highly valuable (retail trade preferable).
Interested in this position of Financial & Administration Manager at a young and dynamic company? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: