General Ledger Manager (M/F) - Réf : GUM8897412
Offre publiée le : 24 novembre 2016
Type de contrat : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Finance&Accounting is looking for an General Ledger Manager (M/F).
Purpose of the position
- In charge for the GL accounting operations of the entity & its foreign branches. Act as super-user for the ERP and as GL, tax & VAT, banking & treasury process coordinator.
- Ensure quality, timeliness, compliance and cost efficiency of GL accounting and proper execution and documentation of related internal controls.
- Lead the GL accounting operations for the company and its branches in an efficient, reliable and cost effective way. Ensure proper controls are in place to prevent errors. Ensure fixed assets, payroll, stock, treasury and other GL transactions are booked timely with the adequate supporting documentation and approval. Participate to month-end closing and ensure all month-end reconciliations are done. Special attention given to ensure correct processing and reconciliation of payroll, payroll taxes, pension , IAS costs of the Belgian and foreign employees.
- Ensure compliancy with accounting policies (local Gaap and IFRS) and update of the accounting manual.
- Ensure correct VAT treatment and correct / timely VAT and Intracom return filing (Belgium and foreign), compliance with local corporate tax requirements and preparation of the corporate tax return. In case of VAT or tax control, prepare files and assist during the VAT / tax control, as required. Ensure local tax obligations and filings are complied with, as regard to our foreign branches.
- Oversee the execution of payment batches: ensure internal controls are executed, and payments are done on time by people dully authorised; act as operational contact person for the bank; Ensure payroll, payroll taxes, VAT, corporate taxes and other taxes are paid on time.
- Be a driver of end-to-end processes improvement to reach best-in-class service and automate where possible; Coordinate with own team and other departments (procurement, technical, operations, ..) the continuous improvement of the end-to-end transactional processes. Ensure process and working procedures are properly documented, understood by the team and adhered to.
- ERP : Provide major contribution to the blue print process definition and data migration to the new ERP. Act as super-user for the ERP, post go-live, able to give training to other users.
- Supervise, coach, motivate and develop a team of 1 or 2 accountants. Coordinate with colleagues abroad as required (i.e. in the context of our foreign branches). Ensure proper knowledge development, knowledge sharing and transfer within the team and with other colleagues, as required.
- Assist the Financial Controller with audit preparation and internal controls execution and documentation; contribute to the continuous improvement of the internal control framework and education of colleagues in this area (within the finance team and other departments) to achieve adequate risk identification and mitigation.
- Perform credit check of customer & suppliers as required.
- Ensure proper management of Fixed Assets, Stock, Chart of Accounts master data, with proper internal controls.
Job requirements & qualifications
- Bachelor in Accounting
- Proven and successful experience in similar position at least 4 years
- Strong accounting skills (IFRS and BEGAAP) and strong VAT and tax knowledge
- Customer and result oriented
- Positive, can-do attitude, pro-active, hands-on
- Well-organised, able to organise work of the team and supervise closely
- Good people manager, team coach but also team player
- Good verbal and written communication
- Experience with processes and systems improvement; working experience with SAP and preferably experience with SAP implementation project
- High ethical standards
- Stress resistant, assertive, can demonstrate empathy
- Fluent in French and English, other languages are a plus.
Interested in this function ?
Please send us your CV.