Business Analyst - Kallo
Post Date : 03 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Interested in an exciting challenge? Robert Half Technology is currently recruiting a Business-Functional Analyst.
Our client is the leading Belgian Logistics & distribution player. The job is based in their IT headquarters (about 100 people) in Waaslandhaven/Kallo.
The scope of responsibilities for this job include:
- You are part of a team of functional/business analysts and developers, focusing on all shipping, logistics and customs applications (main one being Navision);
- You determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information from internal Logistics and Customs colleagues, Clients and Governments (Belgian, European);
- You analyze processes and requirements. Furthermore you translate them into workflow charts and diagrams, and study system capabilities and write specifications;
- You improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications;
- The overall work done by this team is divided in projects: for several projects, you define the project project requirements by identifying project milestones, budget, phases and elements;
- You also actively participate in one of the main projects being the transition of Navision 2009 to Navision 2016 (including a functional re-design);
- You monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions;
- You provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training users;
- You run tests to ensure that systems meet specifications, write user manuals and other documentation, and train existing users on new capabilities;
- Knowledge or willing to learn 'Enterprise Architect';
- Knowledge or willing to learn 'Archimate', 'BPMN' and 'UML'.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Bachelor or Master Degree (IT, Economics,…);
- A relevant experience in functional/business analysis or software Design;
- Knowledge of Logistics, Shipping or Customs is a plus;
- Knowledge of Navision is a plus;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Driven, pro-active and flexible person;
- Structured way of working;
- Communicative person.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.