Governance & Control Manager - Zaventem - Permanent
August 16, 2019
Accounting & finance
For an international organization based in Zaventem, active in the FMCG industry, we are currently looking for a Governance & Control Manager (m/f) for a permanent position.
The company is located in Zaventem and is active in the FMCG industry.
Reporting to the local CFO, your responsibilities as a Governance & Control Manager will be:
- You drive the control agenda - making it live in the way of working. This will include designing ways to manage this vision through the rest of the organization and get buy-in from senior stakeholders e.g. presenting at leadership team meetings. To formulate a yearly action plan on the resolution of these issues, with SMART objectives;
- You run training sessions where required on our controls & policies (e.g. for new starters);
- You manage the Internal Control Excellence (ICE) annual process, to make sure that the ICE review is done in a thorough way, to identify control risks, raise awareness and buy-in, and propose corrective actions;
- You actively monitor if the financial policies, procedures are kept in the Unit; specifically ICE written controls, the Signing Authority document and approval matrix;
- You continuously evaluate the current controls process (e.g. Ebuy). You report risk issues and internal control deficiencies identified directly to the CFO providing recommendations for improving our controls. You ensure that these are deployed with excellence, and the correct ownership is taken on by the associates that will continue the new processes;
- You identify and continuously review information security and associated risk exposures;
- You understand best practice in key areas of governance and control from around the globe and replicate this for the company. You implement learnings based on internal and external audits locally and in other units;
- You own the Control & Compliance survey in collaboration with the Financial Controller. You ensure that measures are taken each half year to drive further improvements in Unit results;
- You take ownership of risk review taking learnings and control processes from other units and application of these within the business. You make sure the process is initiated and completed for every suspected case of fraud or theft;
- You work with P&O to lead any policy reviews from an S&F perspective, ensuring the correct documentation and governance/control has been evaluated;
- You work with the legal counsel to support an overall compliance and governance culture (e.g., contract storage, power of attorney, etc.);
- You bring clarity to the local leadership team on historical and current governance issues, especially on critical controls;
- You lead and support the Internal Audit visits;
- You own the Business Continuity Plan to ensure readiness in case of business interruption;
- You lead any ad hoc issues with the Financial Controller & CFO in terms of fraud or significant breach of controls;
- You are one of two key points of contact (other is Financial Controller) for any Group Control questions;
- You provide a sounding board to the financial controller and S&F team on any ad hoc control related issues;
- You are an approachable point of contact to associates on all control-related questions and issues;
- You lead any Audit points relating to controls and ensure these are resolved promptly.
Required profile for the Governance & Control Manager
- You hold a Master's degree in Finance or you are a qualified accountant or auditor;
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in external auditing, internal auditing or other governance & control related functions;
- You are fluent in English and French or Dutch;
- You have a drive for results and are problem solving;
- You manage a vision and purpose;
- You are a people leader.
What our client offers:
- A dynamic organization where your potential and ambitions will be optimized;
- A lot of mobility worldwide;
- A very attractive compensation package;
- A strong company culture.
Interested in this position? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:
De Kleetlaan 12a Box 4 - 4th floor