Accounting & Consolidation Manager (M/F)
Post Date : 01 December 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently recruiting for an Accounting & Consolidation Manager (M/F).
Our client is an international production company and is located in the region of Waregem.
As Accounting & Consolidation Manager (M/F) you take responsibility for:
- advising and accounting for intercompany transactions, including (deferred) tax accounting;
- classical consolidation activities including eliminations, currency rate reviews;
- improve and document the Group's internal controls framework and key policies;
- troubleshoot accounting issues with Controllers and external Tax advisors;
- perform audit and quality checks during the monthly closes;
- drive the implementation of continuous process improvement;
- prepare quarterly financial reports including assistance in the preparation of quarterly extern report filings to the shareholders (Cash Flow Statements, IFRS notes), management presentations, and certain year-end reporting schedules;
- coordinate the completion and submission of statutory accounting and tax returns in cooperation with external advisors (owned by local Controllers, but playing and oversight and compliance role)
- plan, communicate and manage the global external audit process after agreement with the audit firm;
- apply and communicate IFRS requirements and be ahead of new guidance to assess the financial reporting or note disclosure impacts to the group financial statements;
- perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to above responsibilities:
- you coach and work on the development of your team to ensure their competences, skills and know-how are used and developed to the best advantage and to work as a well-functioning department;
- you will interact with all other peers (Regional Controllers) as well as the shareholders;
- you will interact at all levels in the organization and report to the Director Treasury, Accounting & Consolidation.
- University degree in Business Economics, Finance or equivalent.
- Multinational and international experience in a manufacturing business environment.
- Broad and solid IFRS & GAAP accounting knowledge such as revenue recognition and deferred taxation.
- Broad and solid External Audit management and Internal Controls experience.
- Basic tax knowledge.
- Hands-on experience in preparing, documenting and presenting Consolidated financial results.
- Experience with statutory and/or tax reporting in several countries.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience is required and preferably from a "Big 4" environment.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, experience with SAP is an asset.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, multi-tasker, highly organized, flexible and able to perform well under pressure.
- People management experience is required.
- Prepared to travel if required.
- Our client offers you a job in a modern, energetic and global working environment where entrepreneurship and creativity are valued.
- You will receive a salary package according to your experience topped with fringe benefits.
- Our client offers the possibility to further expand your skills with a certain autonomy in a very dynamic team.
Kwadestraat 153 bus 2.3