Finance Manager Belgium
Post Date : 15 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently recruiting a Finance Manager Belgium for an international company.
Our client is located in Vilvoorde.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall direction on the day to day finance and accounting in Belgium. You will have following responsibilities:
- Contact person and coordinator of our local and global out- & insourcing partners regarding transactional accounting;
- Ensure best in class service levels and drive KPI improvement;
- Responsible for a correct and clean Trial Balance;
- Contact person and coordinator of our insourcing partners regarding statutory reporting, taxes & VAT;
- Ensure best in class service levels and responsible for statutory and regulatory compliance including SOX;
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Act as Super user within your given cost responsibility which includes Procure-to-Pay process and master data management;
- Actively execute and drive finance process improvement projects including enhanced system (SAP) utilization;
- Month, quarter and year end closing. Ensure correctness and legal and regulatory compliance to allow best possible foundation for business support and management reporting;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors; responsible to prepare material for external audit and implement action plans resulting from audit recommendations;
- Excise Tax balance sheet reconciliation;
- Business partner with HUB finance to ensure excellent planning and tracking of structure cost;
- Group re-charges reconciliation and invoicing;
- Transfer Price management;
- Responsible for day-to-day bank related tasks:
- Local statutory compliance with regulations ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial information;
- Deliver clean and statutory compliant trial balance. Ensure smooth and efficient processes including but limited to out-& insourcing partners and Procure-to-Pay process, through periodic reviews;
- Maintain good level of internal controls;
- Ensure new regulations affecting (or potentially affecting) the business are communicated to the relevant people;
- Leverage SAP and other systems to ensure smooth, seamless and efficient processes;
- Deliver against talent management activities as measured via the Talent Scorecard (or other vehicle if not captured at this level);
- Ensure efficient foundation for business partnering to enable sustainable revenue growth.
- You have a Master degree in Finance;
- You have experience working as a Financial Controller for at least 7 years, and preferable experience with big 4 audit;
- You foster and maintain working relationships with peers, management and Shared Service Centers;
- You have experienced in bookkeeping and proven track record of month- quarter- & year-end closings including all;
- You have extensive SAP experience (including Procure-to-Pay SAP touch points), with general understanding on how the various modules interact;
- You have strong finance process understanding and proven track record of successful finance process improvements;
- You have understanding of and like to work in an organization where there can be big variation of tasks;
- You are experienced in government contacts and statutory reporting including annual accounts statutory elements related to annual close;
- You have analytical thinking and an eye for what needs to be done;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- You have the ability to interact effectively with peers, management and executives;
- You have good understanding of Belgium GAAP and US GAAP accounting rules;
- You are able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks effectively;
- You have strong PC, Excel and System skills and experience;
- You have knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley compliance;
- You have the ability to build and interpreter General ledger analysis of accounts;
- You prepare monthly Standard Reporting Package.
- You have strong attention to details;
- You know yourself, and your areas for improvement, and more importantly your strengths and work to leverage those;
- You communicate excellently, both laterally and vertically, both verbally and written in English, Dutch and French;
- You are able to communicate effectively to senior leadership;
- You are excited about and identify with the company as a brand and a company;
- You are able to work effectively and achieve results in a matrix organization;
- You work process focused with an understanding of end to end business processes and their financial impacts;
- You are able to identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve;
- You are skilled at organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results.
For this role, you will receive the following: a competitive base salary, annual bonus in line with our Annual Incentive Plan and competitive local market benefits.
Interested in this position? Apply today!
De Kleetlaan 12a (4th Floor)