Business Analyst - region of Puurs
Post Date : 10 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently recruiting a (m/f) Business Analyst to join an international company.
Our client evolved from a small producer 115 years ago, into a multinational manufacturing giant with sales of more than $12 billion today.
As Business Analyst for the EMEA region, you will support the Brand Finance organization in financial processes like processing of Actuals, Forecast and Budgets. You will also act as the operational business partner and primary financial data resource for the Brand Management.
The financial brand analysis and reporting will be your main focus, such as analyzing sales and standard margin, delivering financial overview of direct brand expenses (incl. staff, commissions, advertising, samples, etc.). Regarding the financial analysis for the DTC channels, you will work closely together with the Brand Retail Analyst.
Furthermore you will deliver the input of Forecast & Plan through the reporting tool (MPC) and deliver brand reports, as determined by Brand and Senior Management.
To achieve the goals of the department you will work closely together with your colleagues of the Finance department as well as the Brand Management and report directly to the Manager of Business Analysis.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Forecast, Budget and 5 Year Plan process:
- Collect budget data from Country/Channel & HR management
- Prepare sales budgets by country and channel
- Prepare departmental expense budgets
- Input and maintain budgets in MPC at country and channel level
- Manage the preparation of the yearly budgets and Plan Assumptions Review packages
- Manage the preparation of the 5 Year Plan
- Analyze monthly results by country and channel in cooperation with the Manager of BA, Accounting and Reporting department
- Monthly follow-up of Actual results vs. Forecast, Budget and Prior Year
- Analyze and understand financial variances of the Forecast vs. Plan and Prior Year
- Follow-up on marketing expenses and commitments
- Understand and validate royalty income calculation from Licensee partners
- Input forecast in MPC at country level
- Prepare monthly results packages to EU Management
- Send out daily shipment reports and track shipments vs. Forecast
Additional Projects: Assist in ad-hoc analysis on request of European or Corporate management, Financial control over samples, have understanding of standard costing, inventory levels, AR and Adjustments to Margin, ...
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in finance area (accounting, controlling)
- 3-5 years of experience in controlling, budgeting and/or reporting preferably in a multinational environment under US GAAP
- You drive for execution through clear business understanding
- You have strong priority management skills
- You are able to cope with deadlines and evolving workload
- You have proficient communication skills
- You are accurate
- You are a team player
- You have good working knowledge of computer systems with emphasis on Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Experience with AS400 and Cognos is an asset
- Fluent in English, spoken as well as written. Knowledge of Dutch language is an asset
Our client offers a challenging position in an international context, an informal atmosphere, training opportunities, growth perspective and a competitive remuneration package.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.