Senior Commercial/Business Controller - Mechelen
Post Date : 11 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently recruiting a Senior Commercial/Business Controller (m/f) for an international group which is employing more than 150,000 people in more than 70 countries.
The company has a number of different and diverse operations in the country, including the production entities.
The FP&A Analyst provides analytical support for the European business and the Global Commercial organization.
It includes analyzing data to provide insight into evaluating acquisition targets, products and customers. Additionally, this role will focus analysis and proposals on top line growth, cost of goods sold efficiencies and ways to continue to reduce SG&A. By relying on the Accounting & Finance organization to produce accurate and timely financial and management reports, this position provides analysis and insight on the direction the business should go. Proactively challenges the status quo working with parts of the business (i.e. Commercial; Strategic Pricing; Operations; Barley Supply Chain; IBP) to provide business and financial perspectives supporting an effective, measurable and consistent decision making process.
60% Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support the Management Team in the corresponding region and provide financial insight into the performance of the business.
- Work with the global Commercial team to provide insight in performance and support value creation through customer solutions and pricing analysis.
- Identify, assess and recommend action plans targeting significant value opportunities contributing to the BU P&L
- Work with the global Function or Process owner to align data and process to enable a meaningful analysis.
- Monitor and track operational performance, analyse, and call for action as required.
- Translate financial metrics into key insight for operational and strategic decision making.
- Support the preparation of the business plan, forecasts and budget.
- Provide financial and business analysis on projects and key initiatives including business case preparation and commitment models.
- Deliver results and drive for continuous improvement while holding themselves and others accountable.
20% Process Improvement and Project Support
- Establish key performance metrics to identify gaps in the processes and opportunities for improvement.
- Utilize tools, benchmarking and systems to get to a more efficient and harmonised analysis. Support the implementation of common processes and harmonization of data
20% Ad hoc project support
- Actively support the Regional Leadership Team team on business and financial requests and calculations.
- Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned. Support and actively participate in FP&A team projects and initiatives.
- University degree in Business Analysis, Business Economics or Finance or MBA degree
- 5+ years of Business Analysis, Strategic Business Development or Finance experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (deep-dive and high-level summary capability)
- Natural abiity to identify, assess, design, lead and follow up business improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated success in business partnering initiatives
- Project management, presentation (powerpoint) and financial/business modeling experience
- Proven success in leading change and challenging the statuo quo
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and hands-on & can-do attitude
- Strong MS Excel skills and proficiency in MS Powerpoint
- Experience modeling analytical tools (eg Business Objects, Tableau, SAP, etc.)
- Travel 20-30%
In return for your expertise and commitment, our client will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.
The client offers competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.