Accounts Receivable Accountant - Region Zoersel
Accounting & finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently recruiting an AR Accountant (m/f) for the headquarters of our client, a Belgian company part of an international group.
Our client is a Belgian company founded in 1980 and is part of an international group that employs about 300 people worldwide.
You will be working in the headquarters of the company (near Zoersel).
The company has a strong business philosophy, based on the principles of corporate social responsibility and they focus on several important values such as innovation, collaboration, caring, broad-mindedness and can-do attitude.
Mission: Manage the AR ledgers for the companies in Belgium, France, Germany and Switzerland, with prompt and accurate processing, and efficient credit control.
- Raising invoices and credit notes for all customers across four ledgers, bot EDI and manual invoices.
- Closing AR in a timely and accurate manner at month end: liaising with EU processing hub to ensure all shipments of goods are properly processed and recorded, balance sheet reconciliation
- Monthly commentaries on Sales Ledgers.
- Dealing with queries on invoices with NAM and customers.
- Tracking and booking credit notes for sales spend (promotional discounts) given to customers; reconciling with GL. Managing flow of incoming invoices from customers, seeking relevant approvals from NAMs. Liaise with Controlling team to ensure all costs are captured.
- Allocating cash receipts from remittances and managing debits (monies withheld from customers).
- Manage debits/ contras between AP and AR ledgers.
- Providing customer statements and sending out copy invoices when required.
- Responsible for first line credit control: reviewing AR reports regularly and chasing for overdue payments, and actively highlighting any payment issues.
- Key contact for AR queries during annual audit.
- You have at least 3 years of experience of AR or AP accounting; experience in a FMCG company a plus.
- You speak fluent in Dutch and English and you have a good knowledge of German and French.
- You have a good knowledge of accounting practice.
- You have a strong action/results orientation with the ability to work independently.
- You have the ability to meet deadlines and to prioritise tasks.
- You have a, impeccable accuracy and process orientation.
- You have experience with ERP systems; SAP a major plus.
- You have a very good knowledge of Excel.
- This position is based in Malle, Belgium. Occasional travel to the UK and Germany.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.