Post Date : 28 February 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :For our client, an international, growing and stable company located in the region of Maasmechelen, we are looking for a General Ledger Accountant.
Our client is located in the region of Maasmechelen.
As GL Accountant, you will report to the European Controller and together with 2 colleagues, you will be responsible for the timely, accurate and complete maintenance of several General Ledgers. The major responsibilities will be the following:
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the assigned ledger in accordance with corporate policies, SOX and local statutory requirements;
- Responsible for the monthly closing and diverse bookings: accruals, prepaids, payroll, …;
- Manage timely and accurate intercompany reconciliations;
- Prepare the monthly reporting;
- Set up monthly national & international VAT declarations;
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts and Tax declaration;
- Review of the transfer pricing documentation;
- Coordinate internal and external audits;
- Ad hoc projects and tasks.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accountancy;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as General Accountant with knowledge of local GAAP, VAT and incoming Tax. Knowledge of US GAAP is a plus;
- Fluent Dutch and good English, knowledge of French and/or German is a plus;
- IT minded, very good knowledge of Excel and knowledge of an ERP system is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Driven, committed and self-motivated person;
- Able to work in team and independent;
- Stress resistant.
Our client will offer you a permanent position within a stable, dynamic and growing company. They will offer you a market-based salary with fringe benefits. You will have the possibility to grow within the company.