Fund Controller Assistant
Post Date : 23 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Are you looking for new challenges?
Robert Half Luxembourg is delighted to be recruiting this Fund Controller Assistant (m/f) for a leader company in logistics real estate.
This position assists the Director, Fund Controller in the financial reporting and consolidation process for the funds, headquartered in Luxembourg. The fund invests in distribution facilities throughout Europe.
- Review analysis performed by our client's Europe Accounting Group and commenting on the reports asking follow-up questions if and when required.
- Ensure correct consolidation of the subsidiaries of the funds, including review of required elimination entries for capital increases/decreases, dividend distributions, internal share transfers, new incorporations and liquidations.
- Booking of GAAP adjustments from the corporate reporting under USGAAP to investor reporting under IFRS.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly sets of financial reporting, existing of at least an analytical balance sheet, Funds from Operations statement (including comparison to forecast and/or budget with explanations) and income statement.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the Fund Controller.
- Assisting the Fund Controller with the preparation of consolidated IFRS statements.
- Internal Controls (SOX) - Ensure internal controls are established, properly documented, maintained and adhered to.
- Assisting with interim and year-end financial audits on the consolidated financials as well as on sub-consolidation level if and when required. This may range from preparation/collection of items on the PBC list to responding to information requests from the auditors.
- Responding to ad-hoc information request from management, Financial Planning & Analysis and US corporate and fund accounting.
As can be seen from the above the role is hands-on and requires booking of accounting entries as well as analytical skills in reviewing financial data.
- Qualified accountant with over 5 years accounting experience in an international environment (of which 3 years or more experience in Real Estate)
- Experience with consolidation and reporting in an international, multi-currency environment as well as the "maintenance" of internal controls
- Experience with/knowledge of IFRS and US-GAAP is required
- Experience with tax efficient legal structures
- Experience with PeopleSoft is preferred
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please feel free to send us your CV in the first instance.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, active on the Luxembourg market, is a specialised recruitment and selection bureau for highly qualified finance and accounting profiles.
Visit our website at www.roberthalf.lu