Internal Auditor - Leuven - permanent position
September 7, 2018
Accounting & finance
For a global industry leader based in Leuven we are currently looking for an Internal Auditor (m/f) for a permanent position.
The company is located in Leuven and is a global industry leader (NY listed).
Reporting to the local Senior Audit Manager EMEA, your main responsibilities as an Internal Auditor will be:
- You conduct Financial, Operational and Compliance audit projects in Europe, Middle-East (Abu Dhabi - 1 X /year) and South-Africa (Cape Town - 1 X / year). As part of these projects you will have the opportunity to learn how to build an audit program in line with the targeted risk and approved audit plan;
- You conduct internal control audits to verify compliance with Sarbanes Oxley. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the internal control environment within a company quoted on the US stock exchange;
- About 50% of your time will be dedicated to internal controls and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, and 50% to other projects;
- You work consistent with high audit standards and within the established audit program, time and budget;
- You critically assess effectiveness and efficiency of processes and/or controls and promote continuous improvement throughout the organization;
- You gather and summarize audit results and recommended actions comprehensively and accurately within the audit documentation;
- You assist in preparing clear and summarized results for delivery to management through presentations and written reports;
- You ensure the information resulting from the audits remains confidential and is used appropriately.
- You will be joining a team of 2 internal audit experts.
Required profile for the Internal Auditor:
- You have a master in Economics, Accounting, Finance or related field;
- You have minimum of 2 years of professional level Audit/Finance experience, preferable at a big 4 audit firm or similar;
- You have very good English writing and communication skills, knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- You are passionate to learn more about the Internal Audit function and to build your career within one company;
- You prepare work that is accurate and complete; you have excellent analytical skills and able to synthesize large amounts of information;
- You are familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and business processes;
- You are familiar with the working of an ERP system;
- You are comfortable and confident in interacting with audited staff and management;
- You are naturally inclined to work in a team and willing to travel up to 40% (weekend are always free);
- The company's Internal Audit promotes exchange between audits teams and is open to candidates who are willing to consider experiences in other regions (APAC & US).
What our client offers:
- An attractive salary package;
- A company car;
- The company is close to the E40 highway and is easily reachable by car;
- The size / geographic scope of the company will offer job opportunity to grow after 2-3 years of fruitful collaboration in the role of internal auditor.
Interested in this position? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:
De Kleetlaan 12a Box 4 - 4th floor