Finance Director - Leuven - Permanent Position
August 7, 2019
Accounting & finance
For an international market leader (Listed company: DAX) based in Leuven, active in the manufacturing industry, we are currently looking for a Finance Director (m/f) for a permanent position.
The company is located in Leuven and is active in the manufacturing industry.
Being part of the Direction Committee, reporting to the local Managing Director, your responsibilities as a Finance Director will be the following:
- As a real Finance Business Partner, you develop, manage and initiate the overall corporate financial goals and objectives;
- You manage the administrative and finance area ensuring that all the activities of finance area, controlling, accounting, IT, imports and procurement are performed according to actual legislations and group internal rules;
- In order to reach those objectives, you will be supervising a team of +/- 12 persons including 3 direct reports (a controlling Director, a Head of Accounting & Administration and a Head of IT);
- You elaborate monthly, quarterly and annual audits according to local and international accounting rules, checking group guidelines;
- You ensure that financial perspectives are well considered in all decisions;
- You structure financing alternatives for company operational activities;
- You give orientation for all departments (finance, controlling, accounting, IT, imports and procurement);
- You propose policies and are responsible for cash management, accounts payables and accounts receivables;
- You are in charge of strategic planning;
- You coordinate the elaboration and tracking of budget planning for short and long term;
- You track internal and external audits and company insurance policies;
- You are in charge of financial reporting to the main office in Germany ;
- You analyze & track new investments projects;
- You look for improvements for all activities through tracking and analyses of procurement activities;
- You track area KPI's as purchase order development, revenue, accounts receivable, margin and profitability.
Required profile for the Finance Director;
- You hold a Master's degree in finance, accounting or economy;
- You have a minimum of 10 years professional experience in a role that prepared you for this challenging & exposed role;
- You acquired a 1st significant experience in the effective management of a finance & accounting team;
- You have attended Master programs in Controlling and Financial Management and/or Corporate Management;
- You have a deep experience in closing financial reporting within an international organization;
- You have significant knowledge of the Belgian legislation about tax, contract law and insurance;
- You have knowledge and experience with ERP systems (SAP ideally) and MS Office tools;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English. The knowledge of German would definitely represent a strong asset;
- You have experience in interactions with central headquarters;
- You are committed, proactive, diplomatic and problem-solving;
- You have a strong sense of responsibility, an entrepreneurial mindset, a hands-on mindset and a systemic vision;
- You have strong analytical, leadership and negotiating skills.
What our client offers:
- The company offers an attractive role with high visibility in Belgium & towards the Head offices in Germany.
- The Finance Director will play a key role of Finance Business partner with a lot of influencing opportunities and connection to strategic decisions.
- Growth opportunities in Belgium or in a later stage in Germany are possible.
Interested in this position? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:
De Kleetlaan 12a Box 4 - 4th floor