Group Controller Belux - Region "Kempen"
Post Date : 06 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently recruiting a Group Controller Belux for a multinational active in the logistics industry in the 'Kempen' area.
With nearly 60 years of experience in its field, our client employs over 2,000 members of staff at 10 different locations.
As a Group Controller Belux you will report to the Finance Director with a dotted line to the Contract Logistics Director.
Your responsibilities are:
- Financial Controlling:
- Control and maintain FSL (Accruals, Deferrals, GP-Aging, speed of invoicing)
- Ensure accuracy of internal and external billing
- Review of customer contracts (billing, payment terms, notice period etc.)
- Development, improvement of controlling tools
- Control and analysis of PL Statement
- Business Controlling:
- Propose process optimizations within the Business Field (efficiency and savings)
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operational performance
- Preparation of monthly rolling forecast (together with business owner)
- Business specific reporting (defined with business owner)
- Monitor and analyze of monthly operational results against Target and Forecasts
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations
- Development of reporting tools
- Purchasing administration
Your Tasks are:
- Coach, challenge & develop your direct reports
- Develop your vision on controlling within the contract logistics environment in close cooperation with the business
- Prepare national & regional reports
- Challenge & defend business cases to justify investments
- Analyze, challenge & validate (new) customer contracts
Your skills and experience are:
- Master / Bachelor Degree;
- Minimal relevant working experience of at least 5 - 10 years;
- People management experience
- Advanced analytical thinking
- Ability to influence and share your opinion
- Ability to work in a dynamic team
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, …)
- Languages: Very good verbal and written knowledge of English. Any other language is an asset
Our client offers opportunities where you can grow your expertise and shape processes and innovative solutions. They are continuously growing their global network and their product portfolio, which creates career opportunities in different fields of work worldwide. They are committed to deliver high quality solutions to their customers and are proud to be a strong leader in the logistics industry.