General Ledger Accountant - Groot-Bijgaarden
Post Date : 11 October 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Accountemps is currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant (m/f) who has potential to evolve towards the role of Accounting Manager.
The company is located in the region of Groot-Bijgaarden.
The scope of responsibilities for this job includes:
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses;
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
- Prepare financial management reports;
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities;
- Ensure accurate inter-company accounts and recharges;
- Prepare tax returns (VAT, Real Estate Tax, etc.);
- Ensure vendor file maintenance;
- Set up invoices for payment and prepare and process payments;
- Maintain bank records;
- Maintain financial records in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Participate in the auditing process and any necessary follow up and improvement;
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures;
- Establish a close collaboration with the legal department;
- Participate in fine tuning and roll out of various control systems.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- You have obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and good knowledge of French and English;
- Knowledge of German is a strong asset;
- A working knowledge of MS Office and an advanced level of Excel are necessary for this position;
- You have 3 years of experience in General Ledger accounting;
- You are familiar with your market's VAT and GAAP processes;
- You understand the company's strategy and the strategic context of your own work;
- You are flexible and open to change;
- You actively seek opportunities for self-development and learning;
- You recognize commercial opportunities in your own work as they arise;
- You are aware of the customer's needs;
- You show awareness of and commitment to business performance targets in your own job;
- You show market and business awareness in your own work;
- You effectively influence others and gain collaboration by persuasive two-way communications;
- You prioritise your own and your team's work, is decisive and takes initiative beyond call of duty;
- You work effectively as a team member.
As a General Ledger Accountant you will be offered:
- A fulltime employment contract of unlimited duration after the initial interim period;
- The opportunity to further develop your talents in a dynamic, future & growth oriented, stable organization;
- A competitive salary package in line with your experience and expertise;
- Extra-legal benefits such as a group and medical insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers etc.
Interested in this position? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: