Credit & Collection Associate - Groot-Bijgaarden
Post Date : 04 October 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Accountemps is currently recruiting for a Credit & Collection Associate (m/f), who will be responsible for timely follow up of on-time payments from a portfolio of customers in Belgium and Luxemburg. Key in driving improvements on cash collections in accordance with business working capital and growth objectives. You will report to the Credit & Collection Manager, Benelux and support the business to drive cash performance and control credit risks.
The company is located in Groot-Bijgaarden.
The scope of responsibilities for this position as a Credit & Collection Associate includes:
- Build relations with portfolio of customers to achieve payments on due dates and work with Divisions to improve late payment performance;
- Work with Customer Services to manage credit-held orders effectively;
- Support Collection Manager to achieve DSO/ bad debt targets;
- Assist the business to drive sustained collections process improvement through the organization by changing behaviors around collections management;
- Maintain Internal and External working relationships; including Billing teams, Sales teams, Finance and Customer Relationships;
- Escalate payment issues through Collection Manger, as required;
- Ensure team and individual goals on past due improvement are achieved;
- Participate in Customer Visits if required;
- Control credit risks;
- Support internal and external audits as required.
The requested qualifications for this job as Credit & Collection Associate include:
- Bachelor degree in finance (credit management preferred);
- Fluency in French, Flemish/Dutch & English;
- 3-5 years of experience in international Credit Control;
- Knowledge in working with database applications, SAP (strongly preferred) or other advanced ERP systems;
- Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers;
- Credit risk experience;
- Microsoft Excel experience;
- Experience from a multinational preferably with a matrix structure;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve working capital targets;
- Ability to influence without authority;
- Negotiating skills;
- Ad Hoc visits to customers may be required.
Interested in this position? Apply today!
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: