Senior Accountant - manufacturing - region Ghent
Post Date : 27 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a Senior Accountant (m/f).
Our client is a production & manufacturing company situated region Ghent.
As Senior Accountant at Accounting Services, you are part of the Corporate Function Accounting & Company Control and you report directly to the Accounting & Company Control Manager in Belgium. The purpose of this position is to provide financial reports for partners in accordance to the international accountancy principles, local law and regulations, internal guidelines (Financial Policies and Procedures) and business needs. You also support decision-making by collecting, analysing, investigating, and reporting financial data.
As a Senior Accountant your primary responsibilities are:
- General Ledger - record journal entries, administer accounts reconciliations, data compilation and analyses.
- Prepare financial statements in Business Consolidation System. Monitor related guidelines and business requirements. Develop existing reports.
- Deliver various periodical reports and administer related general ledger reconciliations. Develop existing reports.
- Deliver statistics and reports to Authorities or other external statistics as specified by local, regional, federal or state authorities.
- Manage Period End Closing time-plans /closing schedule preparation, cooperation with and communication to all stakeholders.
- Participate in the planning, creation and management of the Annual reports and/or the notes and specifications to the Annual report.
- Participate in internal and external audits /prepare required data, able to deliver analyses and explain variances/
- Ensure that internal controls, procedures and mechanisms comply with regulatory standards, company policies and industry requirements. Identify gaps and propose changes in narratives.
- Participate in projects relating to the reporting processes. Participate in defining the standard for new processes within projects. Exercise substantial control over the project in terms of reporting unit
- Develop and manage action plans and implement quality standards.
- Prepare tax reports and declarations and keep track of changes in corporate tax regulation. Ensure direct tax compliancy is maintained. Be the first point of contact for the tax authorities.
- Implement new or less-experienced employees. Track changes within area of reporting requirements and related. Spread the knowledge within the Team - trainings/workshops. Can exercise control over the effects of work;
- Your key target is to ensure compliance with ACC reporting quality standards and partners requirements.
The requirements of a Senior Accountant are:
- University degree or postgraduate studies within area of economics, preferably: accounting, finance, taxes.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience gained in accounting area on a self-reliant position. Working experience with all accounting areas/processes and independent financial reports preparation (balance sheet and income statement)
- Expert in end to end process knowledge. You are fully proficient or expert in business knowledge and understanding.
- You are an expert and/or want to further develop your skills to an expert level in:
- Accounting (BE GAAP and IFRS)
- Corporate tax
- Effective communication
- Partner and customer focus
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Continuous improvement/action oriented accountability
- Cross-border collaboration
- Languages: command of English and Dutch
- System knowledge: SAP, CAPS, Excel - fully proficient or expert
Interested in this function as Senior Accountant in a company active in manufacturing & production region Ghent? Please apply today.