Finance Manager - international - region Ghent
Accounting & finance
Robert Half is currently looking for a Finance Manager (m/f).
Our client, an international player with familial values, is looking for a Finance Manager for their National Service Center in Gent.
The purpose of the job is:
- Proactively guides the management team of the business units towards long term profitable growth and value creation
- Responsible; and active role for business support, financial analysis, planning and reporting for the business units;
- Ensures reliable monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
As a Finance Manager your primary responsibilities are:
Accounting, Reporting & Business Controlling
- Unite and present financial statements, overviews and breakdowns, including variance reports and narrative;
- Prepare monthly financial statements for various Business Units; Set up, implement and deliver monthly KPIs, reports and comparisons, highlighting differences and identify opportunities for action;
- Be a financial advisory role for the business units, working closely with the (corporate) specialists for tax, legal, treasury, consolidation, etc
- Proactively prepare recommendations for corrective actions to meet forecasts and budgets;
- Prepare annual forecasts and budgets;
- Supervise credit collection and litigation. Reduce the working capital needed in the respective divisions (payables, receivables) and control WIP (Work In Progress).
Tax, Treasury, legal & Corporate Finance
- Initiate and implement legal structures for the relevant companies and business units, working close with the (corporate) specialists such as Tax, Legal and Treasury;
- Advise on (legal and insurance aspects in) contracts with both customers and suppliers;
- Monitor and improve the national insurance policies, identify areas of over- and underinsurance;
- Optimize tax position in agreement with the Finance Director of the NSC Belgium/Netherlands and the Group Tax Council and hand in the necessary documentation in time to the national tax authorities;
- Assure compliance with local tax legislation (mainly VAT and CIT);
- Be a financial partner before and during the company's acquisitions and follow up the financial integration afterwards.
Finance operations and IT
- Support IT projects lead by (Group) Finance IT (e.g. implementation finance ERP system) in the role of key user;
- Investigate opportunities to further improve current IT systems.
Ad hoc projects
- Post-merger integration: Set-up and ensuring properly functioning finance, purchase and administrative processes in close collaboration with the relevant teams at the NSC and the business leaders;
- Analyze, improve and make efficient different procedures within Finance, Purchasing & Administration
- Pro-active proposals to develop the finance function and to improve the country EBITA performance with following successful implementation of the measures approved;
- Working Capital and risk management (financial and operational).
Reporting and team management
- Close cooperation with Headquarters in Brussels (Belgium) and Group Accounting & Controlling Team in Nantes (France);
- Primary reporting line to the Finance Director of the NSC Belgium/Netherlands;
- Team Management of 3 people; 2 Transaction Accountants, 1 General Accountant.
The requirements of the Finance Manager are:
- Master degree in the field of Business Economics;
- Preferably 5-7 years of experience in a dynamic business environment
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills, helping to understand the business, its value creation model and its financial context
- Intrinsic focus on quality and continuous improvement;
- A good understanding of financial and tax accounting issues (IFRS and Belgian GAAP), as well as legal topics (Belgian legislation);
- Systems and process savvy, able to find his/her way around the multitude of Eurofins processes and systems
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics or other ERP systems is an asset
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Excellent command of Dutch and English.
Interested to work as a Finance Manager for an international player with familial values? Please apply today.
Door te solliciteren op deze baan, erkent u dat u de volgende voorwaarden hebt gelezen en accepteert :