Senior Manager of Finance Department - Commercial Bank
Post Date : 07 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Due to the continued expansion of our client's activities, Robert Half is looking for a Senior Manager of Finance Department (M/F) for a permanent contract in Luxembourg-Ville.
Our client is a well-known bank which his core business is commercial banking, including corporate banking, personal banking and financial markets services. The Bank provides a comprehensive range of financial services to their customers.
The Senior Manager of Finance will be mainly in charge of managing all accounting activities, the local and regulatory requirements and all corporate related matters for the Luxembourg entities and the 5 sub-branches.
Responsibilities would be, but not be limited to, the following:
- Managing the Bank's financial accounting and developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk.
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines, monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends for the presentation to the Board.
- Supervises and ensures that the Bank complies with all regulatory requirements of the statutory authorities and all processes are compliant and keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation: all local reporting to CSSF and BCL (Solvency/Liquidity/LCR/NSFR/LE/LR).
- Responsible for regulatory monitoring and implementation of new reports (Basel III linked).
- Responsible for the Liquidity Risk Management: policy and monthly stress tests.
- Responsible for the Annual Report LuxGaap and Finrep (including reconciliation table).
- Responsible for the Tax returns (VAT-MBT-CIT-NWT), transfer pricing issues and tax optimization.
- Managing the preparation of the annual statutory accounts as well as financial audits as appropriate and liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans and researching on factors influencing business performance
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Member of several committees (ie ALM/Credit committee/New product/Compliance).
- Managing/Coaching team members
- At least 10 years of experience in Finance or accounting with 5 years of experience in Luxembourg
- Master degree in Finance or accounting related areas
- Excellent knowledge of bank accounting
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and LuxGaap
- Excellent knowledge of Basel III
- Excellent knowledge of Finrep reports, Liquidity reports (LCR, NSFR), solvency reports (LE, LR, SSOLV)
- Good understanding of Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk
- Good knowledge of local taxes: MBT-CIT-NWT-VAT
- Good knowledge of the local reporting
- Capacity of regulatory monitoring
- Proficient in Excel and Access
- Focus on quality
- Drive for results, timely decision-making & efficiency
- Internal/external customer focus
- Able to always meet the deadlines
- Planning and organising
- Delegating & Directing others
- Motivating and Developing employees
Please send us your CV.
With a well-established global network and strong reputation, this job opportunity will allow you to develop a career within our fast growing international and global Bank.