Senior Financial Controller
Post Date : 19 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for Senior Financial Controller (F/M).
Our client is an international investment company specialised in real estate projects. The Luxembourg office employs a small team of experts who manage the real estate investments of the Group. In order to face an important business development trend, Robert Half Luxembourg is currently looking for a Senior Financial Controller (M/F) who will work in a positive environment inside a successful and rewarding company.
As a Senior Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be in charge of supervising one Junior Financial Controller and will liaise directly with the front office teams abroad. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Luxembourg entities as well as assist the Luxembourg CFO in multiple company / fund controlling and reporting tasks. The Senior Financial Controller will liaise with the investment team when required, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines met. There will also be a number of responsibilities including reviewing the quarterly and annual financial reports and assisting with capital calls, distributions and other operational functions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with the coordination and preparation of financial and management periodic and annual reports, including financial statements, tax returns and VAT returns;
- In relation with companies' auditors and advisors, providing them with requested data collated from different locations and resolving issues;
- Looking after various legal entities from an accounting, corporate, tax and compliance point of view including liaising with external advisors;
- Ensuring and monitoring cash collections and payment;
- Ensuring that all transactions are performed in compliance with group/company`s procedures and policies;
- Monitoring operating processes and identifying potential gaps in procedures and policies;
- Liaising with the deal team on a regular basis and helping them to structure investments in Luxembourg.
This list is non exhaustive and ad-hoc tasks can be added subject to the workload and candidate's ability and willingness to develop his/her position.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance;
- Experience in Real Estate or Private Equity;
- Experience from a fiduciary or accounting department recommended;
- Strong aptitude and accuracy for numbers;
- Good team player, positive and pro-active attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel;
- Fluent in English and French.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please feel free to send us your CV in the first instance.
Robert Half Luxembourg, active on the Luxembourg market, is a specialized recruitment and selection bureau for highly qualified Finance and Accounting profiles.
Visit our website at www.roberthalf.lu