Senior Accountant PE/RE (m/f)
Post Date : 21 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Luxembourg is delighted to be recruiting this Senior Accountant PE/RE (M/F) role for a large global alternative investment firm.
The Senior Accountant will focus primarily on the financial operations and accounting associated with revenue generated by our client, while also supporting work on investment activity of the private equity funds. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, steadily evolving environment.
- Coordinate with the deal teams and attorneys to ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies by reviewing contracts and agreements
- Understand investment structures and partnership agreement requirements to ensure all revenue and investment activity is calculated accurately and recorded to the general ledger appropriately
- Use of appropriate accounting applications, general ledgers and financial operations / reporting systems; assist to continually identify and make recommendations as to potential improvements
- Prepare journal entries and wires to facilitate cash movement throughout the investment structures
- Ensure compliance with key processes and controls to support fund operations and mitigate risks
- Prepare and issue capital calls and distributions in coordination with appropriate manager and deal team
- Assist in the collection of appropriate documentation / support for investment purchases and realizations
- Assist with special projects and respond to information requests from internal and external parties
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Five plus years of experience in Accounting or Finance preferred; experience in alternative investments, private equity or partnership accounting a plus
- Strong Excel, systems and database skills; must be efficient and confident working with accounting applications, general ledgers and financial operations / reporting systems
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Must be self‐motivated and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent commercial mindset, positive attitude and approach
- Must be detail oriented, possess strong communication and multi‐tasking skills
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please feel free to send us your CV in the first instance.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, active on the Luxembourg market, is a specialised recruitment and selection bureau for highly qualified finance and accounting profiles.
Visit our website at www.roberthalf.lu