Financial Controller - Real Estate - Fix Luxembourg
Post Date : 21 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
To face an important business development trend, we are currently looking for a Financial Controller (M/F) - Real Estate - Asset Management Group who will join a small team in Luxembourg and get the opportunity to be THE reference and THE point of contact for accounting matters in the country.
Our client is a private and international group which operates as an investing company. The company manages equities, real estate, fixed income securities, and assets. The Group serves customers and has offices worldwide.
This position will assist the Director of Luxembourg (and report to the Financial Controller in London). This includes:
- Ensure the proper accounting and reporting of all transactions and ensure that local reporting requirements are met following IFRS and/or Luxembourg GAAP;
- Manage the Company's consolidation and local reporting requirements and ensure that all statutory filings are filed on a timely basis;
- Be knowledgeable of internal control systems surrounding investment companies;
- Establish and/or implement all relevant accounting policies;
- Assist with the coordination of the audits of various subsidiaries by independent accountants;
- Assist with treasury and funding operations where needed;
- Oversee/coordinate re-balancing of subsidiary funding of investments when necessary.
- Have the ability to coordinate and execute on special projects where needed.
The requisitions for this job are :
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting from a top-tier university;
- Strong educational background in accounting, knowledge of IFRS, knowledge of real estate industry, functional knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- CA, CPA and relevant professional certificates are preferable
- 4-5 years' experience in accounting or auditing of real estate companies and (exposure to French real estate industry could be a plus);
- Knowledge of applicable laws and taxes is a plus;
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills.
- Knowledge of Efront accounting platform and Navision general ledger system preferred.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong, a big and an international group while being more visible as THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER of the Luxembourg office. The company could also offer the possibility to relocate abroad in the future for interested people.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please feel free to send us your CV in the first instance.