EMEA Regional Controller - Fix contract in Luxembourg
Post Date : 25 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
For our client, Robert Half is looking for a EMEA Regional Controller (m/f).
Our client is a well-known company active in the industrial sector based in Luxembourg.
Based in Luxembourg and reporting directly to the Global Regional Controller, the EMEA Controller has responsibility for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems in the EMEA region.
The EMEA Controller will lead a team of 9 with teams based across EMEA, and have dotted-line responsibility to all the Operations controllers in region.
- Active leadership in the Treasury and Tax implications of the EMEA business including complex tax structures and transfer pricing.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation for all countries in the regions which the company has a legal entity; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Oversees financial reporting by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing Group policies and procedures including compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting management audits of account reconciliations and provides financial information to external and internal auditors. Implements findings associated with internal and external audits.
- Works closely with Global Business Services to ensure quality and timely accounting service delivery and process improvement
- Prepares Headquarter budgets and consistently tracks and communicates forecasts and actuals to Corporate.
- Prepares specific reporting for the regions by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Responsible for the professional development of the EMEA accounting teams. This includes recruiting, coaching, mentoring and providing the appropriate platform for career advancement.
- 15+ of progressive financial and operational leadership roles
- Significant amount of direct global controllership experience
- Prior experience in public accounting is preferred however a qualification (CPA/CA) is required
- Deep experience related to the Tax and Treasury functions of a EMEA business
- Previous exposure to highly complex international operations, acquisitions/divestitures and joint ventures
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work closely with EMEA finance teams, leaders and corporate headquarters staff
- High character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values, is direct and truthful with strong integrity
- Excellent leadership and organizational capabilities together with a collaborative style
- Strong desire for international assignments in Asia, Europe and South America
The EMEA Regional Controller will be Responsible for the professional development of the EMEA Accounting teams. This includes recruiting, coaching, mentoring and providing the appropriate platform for career advancement.
The EMEA Controller must demonstrate personal characteristics including high energy, commitment to excellence, strong leadership, and a focus on responsibility and accountability.
The successful candidate will also need to bring a "roll up the sleeves" mentality and a have a balance between world class technical accounting expertise and a strong operations orientation. In addition, s/he will be expected to provide exceptional business partnership skills and have the business acumen to take on broader responsibilities in the future.
Interested? Please send us your CV.