Accounting Manager - Create your own accounting department
Post Date : 15 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
For our client, Robert Half is looking for an Accounting Manager (M/F) who will report to the Head of the Office and have the possibility to build his/her own accounting department.
Our client is a high performing asset manager primarily specialized in Real Estate investments. Having already an international presence, the group has decided to establish an office in Luxembourg.
As an Accounting Manager, the successful candidate works closely with the Head of the Office and:
- Develops the Operating Policies and Procedures for the accounting team in Luxembourg and manages the daily operations of the team;
- Develops a timely reporting schedule and ensures the team and external asset managers meet their respective deadlines;
- Reviews capital calls and payments and ensures internal controls are in place and adhered to in all instances;
- Acts as a technical accounting resource to the immediate team and overall to Real Estate Financial Operations;
- Ensures accounting activities in Luxembourg are coordinated with those abroad;
- Coordinates external audits of the various investments structure in Europe and ensures timelines are met;
- Prepares consolidated financial statements on an IFRS basis, where required and coordinates with the other real estate accounting team;
- Review of quarterly financial statements, board reports for directors' meetings and annual accounts filing (RCS);
- Ensures proper accounting for intercompany loans, payments, interest, and other intercompany transactions among the various legal structures;
- Facilitates requirements for strategic transactions ensuring accounting records and financial data is readily available;
- Review of VAT returns and liaising with tax and legal advisors;
- Provides coaching to the accounting team in Luxembourg.
The required qualifications are :
- Professional accounting designation preferred;
- University degree with a specialization in Accounting;
- 7+ years of accounting experience in an asset management, financial or trust services, or domiciliation services company;
- Has experience managing, supervising, coaching, or mentoring others;
- Has experience working with different GAAPs;
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must;
- Knowledge of local VAT reporting requirements and prior experience preparing returns;
- Experience working with different external advisors: asset management companies, external auditors, law firms and tax advisors;
- Experience working with complex legal structures in multiple jurisdictions, preferably in a multi-company environment and consolidated financial reporting
- Proficiency with accounting applications and Microsoft Office products.
This is a great opportunity to join an international and stable asset management group while being part of the Luxembourg office creation.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please feel free to send us your CV in the first instance.