Accounting and Finance Leader
Post Date : 11 May 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Luxembourg is delighted to be recruiting this Accounting and Finance Leader (M/F) role for a large company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people.
Working at our partner is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people.
With 150 years of experience our partner have 155,000 employees in 70 countries
The Luxembourg office has been established in 2010 as a result of the setting up of a funding and holding company structure and serves as a key management and decision making center.
The Accounting and Finance Leader is responsible for providing leadership and execution of all accounting and finance activities for Luxembourg across all businesses. The management and corporate reporting of several non-Luxembourg legal entities is also managed from Luxembourg.
The primary accountability is to seek and implement consolidation opportunities thus leveraging the scale which exists across the finance organization in Luxembourg, ultimately resulting in optimization of those activities and proper support for the businesses in the country. Key focus will be on change leadership, process improvement, optimization, efficiency and continuous improvement.
The responsibility include: strong focus on financial reporting, risk management, decision support and financial activities to support business operations. In addition to ensuring that fiduciary obligations, such as statutory requirements and reporting of the legal entities are met, a strong partnership with Legal, Tax, Treasury and Accounting COEs is required
Fiduciary Responsibilities, Financial Operations, Management Reporting and Controls:
- Demonstrate broad set of principles and techniques, evaluate and analyze financial statements; keeps pace with changing relevant regulations and standards.
- Oversee finance and accounting operations required to support the businesses.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and management reporting and analysis of business performance. Acts as partner effectively with several group/business leaders
- Accountable for country activities ensuring compliance with fiduciary, statutory and reporting obligations of the legal entities are met (for both local and US GAAP)
- Ensure local tax compliance (Income tax, net wealth tax, VAT) including tax returns preparation and filing with the assistance of local service providers.
- Identify and implement internal control systems that provide effective and efficient operations; reliable financial reporting; and compliance with laws, regulations and corporate policies.
- Champion efforts to ensure controls and compliance measures are in place for all reported financial information and/or business processes.
- Perform and reviews ongoing control assessments
- Act as lead point of contact locally with the statutory and external/internal auditors; ensure all audit issues identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Lead P&L close, review and analyses of information, and budget preparation
- Responsible for corporate budgeting and monitoring, including control of expenses.
- Play an active role relating to the creation and closures of Joint Ventures, other Merge & Acquisitions or business integration activity within the country from a fiduciary, compliance, reporting and finance control perspective.
Change Leadership through Process Optimization and Technology driven decision making
- Create an accounting and finance strategy & approach which aligns with the strategy of the enterprise and finance job family.
- Provide change leadership in driving process optimization and improving the efficiency of finance operations.
- Collaborate with other accounting and finance leads.
- Lead the regional enterprise accounting and finance transformation
- Provide thought leadership on technology needs and strategy.
Choose and Develop Talent:
- Identify, develop and coach direct reports to ensure we have high performing teams. Capable of initiating change, empowering team and driving results.
- Identifiy talent and champion development opportunities reflective of the business needs, succession plans and growth objectives.
Directorships and companies' transactions:
- Be a member of the LuxCos board of directors with the associated statutory responsibilities.
- Discuss and understand in conjunction with other functions specialists the accounting, tax, legal, treasury and other relevant aspects of the LuxCos' corporate transactions that include in-house restructurings, external acquisitions and intercompany funding.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of the LuxCos' corporate transactions.
- Master or Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 10+ years experience including minimum 5 years with Luxembourg regulations
- English proficiency with a good knowledge (written and spoken) of French and/or German
- Demonstrated ability to develop long term strategic plans
- Strong accounting experience with very good technical knowledge
- Demonstrated change agility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to partner and engage with centers of expertise (like Tax, CFR, Audit, HR, IT)
- Strong leadership, team building, and talent development,
- Strong interpersonal, communication and convincing skills
- Good knowledge of US Gaap
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please feel free to send us your CV in the first instance.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, active on the Luxembourg market, is a specialised recruitment and selection bureau for highly qualified finance and accounting profiles.
Visit our website at www.roberthalf.lu