Finance Manager / Plant Controller - regio Essen
Post Date : 04 April 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently recruiting a Finance Manager & Plant Controller to join an international company.
Our client is a division of an industrial manufacturing company with approximately 205 employees with manufacturing and sales operations in Houston, Belgium and China.
Reporting directly to the Division Controller, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing the local finance team and helping establish and maintain adequate internal control systems to ensure conformance with prescribed policies and procedures for both company and statutory requirements. Statutory requirements include financial, tax, and legal matters for the legal entity.
This position is responsible for helping develop management reporting systems which assure timely and accurate reporting of all items that have an impact on the financial performance of the unit and its departments. These reports must be made available to all relevant levels of management for planning and controlling daily activities.
Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification for the Annual Plan and Long Range Plan.
Ensures continuous drive for simplification by building expertise, application, and results in the use of the company Toolbox tools.
The principal accountabilities are:
- Financial Planning & Reporting
- Financial Records & Internal Controls
- Financial Analysis / Continuous Improvement
- Team Management & Development
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- BS/BA degree in accounting or related field required, preferably within a Manufacturing or Public Accounting organization.
- At least seven (7) years' experience; ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions with Finance/Accounting area.
- People leadership experience managing direct and/or indirect staff.
- Strong IT knowledge with excellent computer skills (Microsoft and General Ledger applications).
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems.
- Working knowledge and experience in process simplification and/or value analysis.
- Excellent oral, written and inter-personal communication skills.
- Flexible, self-starter that adapts well to change
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of all functional areas of a business and what drives financial results
- Fluent in English
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.