System Engineer te Waaslandhaven / Kallo
Post Date : 03 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Interested in an exciting challenge? Robert Half Technology is currently recruiting a System Engineer who will manage the IT infrastructure in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation and support.
Our client is the leading Belgian Logistics & distribution player. The job is based in their IT headquarters (about 100 people) in Waaslandhaven/Kallo.
The scope of responsibilities for this job include:
- You will perform installation, configuration and upgrading of hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment.
- You provide investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
- You complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in a MS Windows environment;
- Furthermore specific tasks include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues in second and third line;
- Maintain system software, Operating systems and regular maintenance;
- Managing assigned projects and execute the related tasks;
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure the availability;
- Monitoring system & server health;
- Creating reports that are thorough, detailed and able to be comprehended by clients;
- Creating baselines & follow-up on performance & system efficiency;
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction;
- Design and implement system security and data assurance;
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions;
- Creating, testing & documenting Disaster Recovery scenarios;
- Due to the international activities of the company, you are willing to travel abroad for about 6 weeks per year.
- The ICT System Engineer is available for weekend stand-by (about 5 weekends per year)
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Knowledge of windows server, AD, VMWare, Citrix, Anti-Virus, MS Exchange, MS SQL, O365 and other system software used by KTN;
- Basic scripting skills (vbscript, Powershell, tsql);
- Understanding server hardware;
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal; Teamplayer;
- Technical, analytical & organization skills;
- Knowledge of SAN environments;
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal skills in English;
- Driver's license B.
Our client invests continually in your development, career opportunities and career growth, both at a national and international level and with a competitive salary package (including a company car). Furthermore you will have the opportunity to work at headquarter level of the largest Belgian player in logistics.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.