ICT Network Engineer te Kallo
Post Date : 10 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Interested in an exciting challenge? Robert Half Technology is currently recruiting an ICT Network Engineer who will work in a complex technical and international environment.
Our client is the leading Belgian Logistics & distribution player. The job is based in their IT headquarters (about 100 people) in Waaslandhaven/Kallo.
The scope of responsibilities for this job include:
- You will be responsible for supporting network- and telecom-equipment from design through implementation and support.
- You will provide investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of all network- and telecom infrastructure.
- Furthermore specific tasks include:
- Complete configuration, installation and support of the network- and telecom-equipment;
- Maintain all network- and telecom-components and keeping up to date all related documentation and procedures;
- Take responsibility and lead in the execution of network-, telecom- and infrastructure projects;
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues in second and third line;
- Build standard configuration templates so these can be implemented and supported by level 2 support-engineers;
- Managing assigned projects and execute the related tasks;
- Monitoring network health;
- Creating reports that are thorough, detailed and able to be comprehended by clients;
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction;
- Design and implement network security;
- Oversee the design and implementation of specific network and telecom needs;
- Creating, testing & documenting Disaster Recovery scenarios;
- Due to the international activities of the company, you are willing to travel abroad for about 6 weeks per year.
- The ICT Network Engineer is available for weekend stand-by (about 5 weekends per year)
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Thorough knowledge networking and TCP/IP;
- CCNP level (applicable on HP Procurve is a plus);
- Routing protocols : OSPF, BGP;
- Switching Layer 2, Layer 3, QoS;
- General knowledge of firewall, IPS, Proxy (Checkpoint is a plus), incl. VPN/IPSEC;
- Knowledge of 802.1x;
- Knowledge of load balancing (F5 is a plus);
- Knowledge of building and maintaining a wireless infrastructure (Ruckus is a plus)
- Advanced troubleshooting 3th level
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Solarwinds is a plus)
Our client invests continually in your development, career opportunities and career growth, both at a national and international level and with a competitive salary package (including a company car). Furthermore you will have the opportunity to work at headquarter level of the largest Belgian player in logistics.
Are you interested in this challenging position? Or would you like to have more information? Apply today and we will get back to you as soon as possible.