Bedrijfsjurist - Diegem
Post Date : 04 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Legal is currently looking for a (m/f) Legal Counsel for one of our clients.
Our client, active in the IT Sector, is located in Diegem.
Reporting to the Legal Manager, the Legal Counsel will have following responsibilities:
- Follow up on relevant legislation and publications to stay abreast of legal developments in the industry and assess the potential impact on business;
- Assist the Legal Manager in corporate matters;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues;
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts in line with relevant legislation and internal policies;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Draft internal documents and policies, and keep them up to date;
- Follow up on legal disputes in collaboration with the external legal counsel and the Legal Manager;
- Develop and conduct staff trainings with respect to relevant legal topics;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Participate in industry gatherings to follow legal trends and develop relationships to represent and protect the company's interests;
- Occasionally attend relevant conferences and publish articles on the legal aspects of the business.
The requested qualifications for the Legal Counsel include:
- Master degree in Law;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a business environment;
- Knowledge of domain names law is a plus;
- Sound legal and business judgment, as well as outstanding communication skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, good in French;
- Excellent legal writing as well as strong interpersonal skills, effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong interest in technical matters.
Our client offers you a challenging job in a highly technical and international environment.
Interested in this function as Legal Counsel? Apply today!