Senior Accounting Manager - Brussels
Post Date : 22 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Senior Accounting Manager for one of our clients based in Brussels.
Our client is a worldwide leader in the chemical sector.
For their European Shared Service Centre based in Brussels, they are looking to recruit a Senior Accounting Manager who will, together with the Head of the Shared Service Centre, have following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the local Legal Entity Accounting team;
- Responsible for complete monthly, year-end closing, reporting of the IFRS and statutory accounts for the legal entities in scope:
- Ensure timely processing of the transactions related to centralized processes (e.g. payroll; major provisions…) and communicate pro-actively to the BU Controlling,
- On particular mother company topic, responsible for the correct translation in the accounts (participations, own shares, deferred taxes, equity reconciliation…),
- Coordinate together with Legal all statutory and legal requirements,
- Manage in close contact with Group Tax the VAT and CIT aspects and act as first point of contact for the audits,
- Coordinate with the business units within Belgium, other Corporate departments (HR, Treasury, Tax, Legal, EHS) and external service providers the correct and timely closing of the financial accounts;
- Follow up and advise at an early stage in case of special transactions which require technical expertise on how these transactions should be translated in the books;
- Responsible for the Site Accounting process in Belgium; this includes the process by which business information is captured and analysed at a level below that needed for financial accounting purposes.
- Transform, improve and integrate the intercompany reconciliation process for the legal entities within the Share scope (broader than only Belgium).
- Coach a team of some 20 people located at 3 sites;
- Provide feed-back to your staff, handle conflicts and ensure continuous development in their expertise. You are involved in the selection and hiring process of new personnel;
- Manage relations with internal customers (mainly BU Controllers) in accordance with SLA's, and define and report Key Performance Indicators on a timely basis;
- Ensure complete and up-to-date procedures are in place, in line with companies Minimum Internal Control Requirements and implements best practices concerning Segregation of Duties;
- Develop and maintain cost accounting methodologies, policies and procedures;
- You are the gatekeeper of companies' accounting set-up and consistent application of valuation rules by the different BU's.
The requested qualifications for the position of Senior Accounting Manager include:
- Master in Economics or Finance;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a Finance department in an international environment;
- Fluent in English, good knowledge in Dutch and French;
- Very good knowledge of IFRS reporting standards and BE GAAP; cost accounting models and SAP ERP applications;
- Skilled Project Manager and familiar with change management;
- Excellent people manager, keen to train, develop and coach personnel, who can drive team building;
- Team player, result driven, enjoying working in an international / multicultural environment;
- Customer oriented and service minded.
Interested in this position of Senior Accounting Manager? Apply today!