Risk & Compliance Manager - Brussels
Post Date : 07 April 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Risk & Compliance Manager for one of our clients.
Our client, a Belgian company active in the bank sector is located in Brussels.
Reporting to the Chief Business Administration Officer, the Risk & Compliance Manager will have following responsibilities:
1. Risk Management:
- Plan, design & implement an overall risk management process;
- Perform company-wide risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business. Build & monitor a risk registry;
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors & evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks;
- Establish & quantify the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
- Conduct individual risk interview with the sr management;
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, f.e. to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business & to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks;
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carry out processes such as purchasing insurance, implement health & safety measures, make business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
- Conduct audits of policy & compliance to standards, including liaison with internal/external auditors;
- Provide support, education & training to staff to build risk awareness;
- Contribute to the definition and maintain the necessary tools for risk management;
- Participate in drafting, consolidating and following-up of action plans;
- Responsible for following on all insurance policies;
2. Compliance Management:
- Work out compliance in line with the strategy;
- Set up policy in line with legal obligations, internal policies and contractual;
- Evaluate, monitor & report on the compliance;
- Evaluate the implications of new business activities/systems wrt compliance;
- Follow-up the changing environment & adapt compliance when needed;
- Develop & implement compliance policies, procedures at different levels;
- Create awareness amongst the employees & organise permanent training;
- Report your findings to ET & committees;
- Coordinate, monitor & challenge the processes, methodologies at corporate level, in order to ensure they are aligned. Make sure they are in line with the strategy and that they optimize the way of working & collaboration between departments.
The requested qualifications for the function of Risk & Compliance Manager include:
- Master in Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Business Administration and Management or a certification in Risk Management;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in increasing levels of responsibility, ideally within the payment or transaction banking environment;
- Good knowledge of the concepts and practices of risk management;
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Familiar with internal and external audit practices;
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisation skills;
- Good eye for detail;
- Strong leadership skills with outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Interested in this function of Risk & Compliance Manager? Apply today!