Payment Factory & Order to Cash Accounting Manager
Post Date : 21 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Payment Factory and Order to Cash Accounting Manager for one of our clients.
Our client is active in the chemical sector and is based in Brussels.
Together with the Line Manager, the Payment Factory and Order to Cash Accounting Manager will have following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Payment Factory and OTC transaction-processing department of the Shared Service Centre;
- Manage a team (5 people to start, 7-8 people within the next two years;
- Manage and lead of the Payment Factory and Order to Cash daily Operations:
- Ensure payments are being processed timely and with minimal rejections,
- Responsibility for daily relationship with contacts at the banks (back-offices),
- Ensure a permanent efficient service of the payment factory on all weekdays,
- Manage and follow-up the daily In House Cash intercompany settlements,
- Integration of the bank statements in a timely way on a daily basis to allow a.o. smooth cash planning by the Treasury department and ensure fast matching of incoming payments on customer accounts for the benefit of the BU commercial departments and Credit Management follow-up (dunning process),
- The daily bank account reconciliation as well as for Payment Factory accounting activities ensuring related G/L accounts are reconciled in a timely manner,
- Manage the month-end and year-end closing activities for the payment factory and order to cash transactions,
- Monitor interfaces between the different systems (SAP / PI / SWIFT) and work closely together with IS or treasury in case of issues.
- Part of the project team implementing the Payment Factory as Subject Matter Expert, ensuring smooth onboarding of new legal entities once Payment Factory is live; identifying, proposing and implementing continuous improvement projects in order to further improve efficiency and efficacy of the processes in scope (OTC and Payment Factory) in collaboration with the Finance Competence Center, IS project teams, and Corporate Treasury department etc;
- In charge of tracking and reporting of the performance to ensure team accountability and quality of service.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date procedures are in place, in line with companies Minimal Internal Control requirements and implement best practices concerning Segregation of Duties within the department and that accounting processes are correctly understood, and accounting schemes are correctly documented and updated in accordance with latest evolvements of IFRS or local GAAP legislation.
The requested qualifications for the position of Payment Factory and Order to Cash Accounting Manager include:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance
- Min 4 years' experience Accounting/Treasury, Cash management, In-house banking in a multinational company or financial institution
- Fluent in English, Dutch and/or French, knowledge of German is as asset
- Strong payments experience
- IT literate, with a good knowledge of the SAP ERP applications
- Strong analytical skills, able to break down problems into meaningful parts & come to rational and well thought out conclusions
- Good knowledge of project management & familiar with change management. You enjoy working in an international/multi-cultural & rapidly changing environment
- Rigorous & an eye for detail
- Team player, good people manager
- You take initiative, are result driven, problem solving oriented
Interested in this position of Payment Factory and Order to Cash Accounting Manager? Apply today!