Tax and Legal Assistant - Brussels
Post Date : 05 May 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Legal is currently looking for a (m/f) Tax & Legal Assistant for one of our clients based in Brussels.
Our client is a Belgian, family-controlled and run, Investment Company that has offices in Brussels, Luxembourg and Singapore.
As Tax & Legal Assistant you will be joining the Tax and Legal Department, where you will give support under the supervision of the General Counsel. You will have following responsibilities:
1. Support the corporate housekeeping of the company and its subsidiaries:
- Prepare convening notices to the board and shareholders' meetings;
- Organize board meetings and prepare board packs;
- Draft the minutes of the board and shareholders' meetings;
- Communication with shareholders' and board members;
- Update the shareholders' registers and liaise with the depositary bank;
- Perform legal publications;
- Prepare the annual report;
- Filing (electronically and paper) of corporate housekeeping documentation;
2. Assist the knowledge management of the department:
- Keep track of current tax and legal developments;
- Organize, file and update the legal and tax database;
3. Overall support the Tax and Legal Department:
- Assist on compliance matters;
- Proof reading of legal memos, minutes and reports;
- Manage tax and legal department's calendar, organize meetings and travel arrangements;
- Attend and prepare the weekly meeting of the tax and legal team;
- Prepare and finalize PowerPoint presentations, word and excel documents;
- Filing (electronically and paper) of notes, emails, minutes, transaction and compliance documents.
The requested qualifications for the function of Tax and Legal Assistant include:
- Bachelor degree in Law and/or minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment or in a leading international law firm;
- Fluent in English and French, good knowledge in Dutch;
- Advanced Ms Office skills;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, rigorous and detail-minded;
- Reliable and discrete team player;
- Eager to learn, stress-resistant, can do attitude.
Interested in this function of Tax and Legal Assistant? Apply today!