Legal Counsel - Brussels
Post Date : 14 December 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Legal is currently looking for a (m/f) Legal Counsel for one of our clients.
Our client is a leading global distributor in pharmaceuticals and is located in Brussels.
As Legal Counsel you will have following responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts and amendments to standard terms and conditions primarily under civil laws;
- Risk analysis of existing contracts and potential renegotiation;
- Advise and support the product management and sales teams in customer and supplier negotiations including conducting direct negotiations with customers and suppliers where required;
- Work on compliance projects, implementation of control processes and necessary documentation to meet legal requirements across EMEA;
- Claim management;
- Supporting other departments on legal questions and issues, such as HR, operations, finance;
- Advise and support the sales and product management team in customer/supplier negotiations;
- Manage external lawyers providing advice;
- Draft and update standard documents for use across EMEA.
The requested qualifications for the position of Legal Counsel include:
- Master in Law;
- Minimum 5 years' experience either in a law firm or as legal counsel;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Flexibility to deal with commercial contracts under different civil codes;
- Ability to work independently as the legal team is spread across Europe together with the ability to co-ordinate workload with colleagues within the team;
- Experience in working with commercial teams, i.e. non-lawyers; close and successful interaction with commercial colleague is essential to this role;
- The ability to manage your time effectively.
Interested in this position of Legal Counsel ? Apply today!