Junior Accountant - Brussels
Post Date : 01 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Junior Accountant for one of our clients.
Our client, active in the communication sector is based in Brussels.
As Junior Accountant, you will have following responsibilities:
1. Accounts Payable:
- Book purchase invoices, credit notes and expense reimbursements in the different entities;
- Prepare payments in Isabel;
- Book bank statements;
- Handle all paperwork with regards to company credit cards (chasing all credit card receipts);
- Coordinate the overall process of expense reimbursements.
2. Accounts Receivables:
- Prepare & book sales invoices & credit notes in the different entities;
- Accounts Receivable Collections: review aging list / outstanding debts and take necessary action and follow up.
3. General Ledger:
- Prepare the VAT & Intrastat declarations;
- Reconciliation of the VAT accounts;
- Reconcile customer and supplier balances;
- Prepare and post journal entries;
- Financial processing of the payroll administration;
- Keep track of pro-forma invoices;
- Assist the Finance Director in month & year-end process & external audits.
4. Additional Responsibilities:
- Assist the account managers with their administration regarding closing the jobs during the month;
- Deal with accounting mailbox;
- Follow up on fleet management;
- Act as liaison between our Amsterdam/Brussels team and Antwerp/Brussels team.
The requested qualifications for the position of Junior Accountant include:
- Bachelor in Accounting;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Accounting in an international environment;
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English;
- Proficient in MS Office; Pivot table;
- Positive mind-set;
- Pro-active, reliable, flexible and you have an eye for detail;
- Team player with the ability to work independently and autonomously;
- Ability to handle stress and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Our client offers you a position in a challenging creative environment. Interested in this position of Junior Accountant? Apply today!