ICT Support Officer - Brussels
Post Date : 15 November 2016
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half Technology is currently looking for a (m/f) ICT Support Officer for one of our clients.
Our client, a leading international business association is based in Brussels center.
Working together with the suppliers/providers to deliver mission critical infrastructure and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance and security, and reporting to the Senior Manager ICT, the ICT Support Officer will have following responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure (local, external and in cloud);
- Install, configure, test and maintain hardware, operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Maintain backups;
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems;
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- Participate in the design of information and operations support systems;
- Provide ICT support for staff;
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment;
- Make recommendations about technology resources that need to be acquired;
- Define policies, standards, guidelines and procedures regarding the ICT infrastructure;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the ICT processes and services.
The requested qualifications for the position of ICT Support Officer include:
- Master degree in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Minimum 2 years' experience as IT Technician or in a relevant position;
- Overall understanding of IT Service Management;
- Good knowledge of internet security, data privacy principles;
- Experience with Sophos firewall, Windows, IOS and Linux operating systems, and with cloud services;
- Fluent in English, Dutch, German and/or French are an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Analytical, solution minded and delivery focused;
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills, mediation and influencing skills;
- Highly organized, result oriented, self-motivated and proactive.
Interested in this position of ICT Support Officer? Apply today