Head of Regional Accounting & Reporting - Brussels
July 13, 2018
Accounting & finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is currently looking for a Head of Regional Accounting & Reporting (M/F) for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a fast growing company active in the insurance sector.
As Head of Regional Accounting & Reporting you will be responsible for:
- Direct point of contact for financial reporting;
- Composition and validation of the IFRS accounts of the different branches in the Region;
- Composition and validation of quarterly and annual financial statement in BEGAAP;
- Direct point of contact with the branches and external auditors;
- Composition and validation of the tax return;
- Composition and validation of the reporting on the financial portfolio;
- Coordination of internal reporting;
- Training of branches on Group reporting tools;
- Justifying the work by the accounting commissioners;
- Analyze the consolidated accounts and the coherence with the results;
- Commenting the extra information in the classic financial statements from the branches to compose the consolidated accounts;
- Collaboration with the financial controller;
- Collaboration with the department Asset Management Group;
- Contribution to the evolution of the consolidation system;
- Integration of the consolidation bookings in Belgian an IFRS standards;
- Composition of various financial presentations and Region Northern Europe;
- Composition and validation of the accounts.
The required profile for the Head of Regional Accounting & Reporting position:
- Master in economics or equivalent;
- In-depth knowledge of the own market and the regulatory environment;
- Proven knowledge of account regulations in insurance;
- In-depth knowledge of the accounting rules IFRS and BEGAAP;
- Consolidation rules;
- Belgian fiscal rules and Tax Proof;
- Knowledge of Accounting tool (SAP) & reporting tool (Magnitude or Finance+);
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Perfect command of English and French or Dutch;
- Able to interact with the Regional team;
- Instigate the team spirit;
- Senior accountant with 10+ years of experience in an international environment, used to work with SAP;
- previous experience in an international Audit firm is appreciated.
Interested in this position of Head of Regional Accounting & Reporting? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: