Financial Controller - Brussels
Post Date : 15 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Financial Controller to strengthen the Corporate Planning Department at our client Daikin Europe.
Daikin Europe NV is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese Company Daikin Industries Ltd. They design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. The headquarters is located in Brussels and Ostend but through the sales networks they also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
As Financial Controller you will have following responsibilities:
- Actively involved in the budgeting and result follow-up of Daikin Europe NV which has a factory entity in Ostend;
- On Budget level, gather all relevant input and create the company P/L, stock and balance sheet based on the strategy, and in close collaboration with other departments;
- Safeguard the targets by monitoring closely, report to top-management and steer where necessary. For example, on monthly basis analyse and report gross margin per product and per country;
- Assist in establishing financial and operational management reporting and ad-hoc analyses in order to provide internal and external stakeholders with the necessary information to better evaluate the business results and plan objectives;
- You will critically think along with the company and initiate and support decisions;
- Furthermore you will be involved in projects of different nature as they are an important link between various departments and subsidiaries.
The requested qualifications for the position of Financial Controller include:
- Master degree in Commercial Engineer or Economic Sciences;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in controlling/audit is a plus;
- Fluent in English and Dutch;
- Proficient level of MS Office, SAP and BW knowledge is an asset;
- Accurate and analytical;
- Strong communication and social skills;
- Problem solver, creative, work independently;
- Eager to learn, initiative and drive.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities in a planning-oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.
Interested in this position of Financial Controller? Apply today!