Finance Operations - Accounting Leader - Brussels
Post Date : 24 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently looking to recruit a (m/f) Finance Operations / Accounting Leader for one of our clients.
Our client, active in the financial services sector is located in Brussels.
Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Operations / Accounting Leader will have following responsibilities:
You will be leading financial activities linked to the core business and make sure the business is correctly reflected in the financial books:
- Daily activities:
- Lead and improve the current process of uploading daily activities from external sources into Oracle,
- Automating processes and improving banking rules,
- Prepare Daily settlement payments to customers,
- Monthly activities:
- Be responsible for the monthly core business closing activities and provide findings, variance explanations vs prior month, Forecast, Budget to the CFO,
- Lead and own the standard core business account reconciliations,
- Quarterly activities:
- Lead and own the full quarterly reconciliation of Customer balances - critical to safeguard customer funds,
- Develop a new model to load the bank account movements from non ING accounts into Oracle;
- Be the first point of contact for the key partner bank (ING);
- Help the CFO develop a monthly reporting pack.
- Be a strong business partner, provide advice/recommendation during the assessment of any new customer settlement model definition;
- Own and maintain the Balance Management update for each customer;
- Keep a dynamic eye on the level of each customer balance to promote business continuity and avoid transactions blockage;
- Follow up on more and more non-standard customer processes;
- Actively participate to the definition/design of new business pillars;
- He/she will always keep an eye on the business/financial risks and will ensure they have been identified and covered by mitigation actions/controls;
- He/she will be responsible to make sure the mitigation measures are timely and properly implemented;
- He/she will also ensure specific ratios checked by the NBB (solvency, liquidity) are maintained and under control by the company;
He/she will keep a close eye and be the owner of the segregation of funds concept required in our business.
Provide assistance in delivering a budgeting and cash forecast.
The person will be giving assistance to higher management and auditors.
The requested qualifications for the position of Finance Operations / Accounting Leader include:
- Master in Economics;
- Minimum 5 years' experience, experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, experience in treasury is a plus;
- Strong accounting background,
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent organisation, documentation and communication skills;
- Flexible, proactive and independent in daily operations;
- Team spirit, open minded, solution and system oriented.
Interested in this position as Finance Operations / Accounting Leader? Apply now!