Finance Director - permanent position - Brussels
Post Date : 13 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Finance Director for one of our clients.
Our client, active in services is located in Brussels.
Reporting to the Chief Finance & Administration Officer and managing a team of 3, the Finance Director will have following responsibilities:
- Lead and personally manage the annual budget and forecast process, and provide intermediate forecasts on an ad-hoc basis;
- Prepare the quarterly management reporting based on reporting from Accounting;
- Analyze variances (vs. PY, vs. Budget, vs. Forecast) and provide analytical comments and proposals to support business decisions and management;
- Prepare the various reporting packs for the Finance & Audit Committees, the Boards, various committees and for the Annual Report;
- Review financial statements to identify potential risks and significant deviations from budget. Work with internal stakeholders to develop solutions in a timely manner;
- Ensure cost control vs. budget, including approving PO's & invoices, and the management of the US financials accounts, control and relations;
- Ensure that all financial and administrative processes operate at best practice and in line with all regulations and procedures;
- Supervise the accounting function, ensuring delivery of accurate and reliable accounting information within strict time limits;
- Oversee the team of 3 FTE's in charge of accounting, pay-roll, internal procedures & policies, accounts payables incl. payment processing, accounts receivables, long-term investment portfolio management, cash management, external audit support & interface, etc.;
- Improve the quality, timing & efficiency of the internal reportings;
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of all actions to improve the financial & accounting processes.
The requested qualifications for the position of Financial Controller / Finance Director includes:
- Master in Management or Economics;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in an international organization (industrial or FMCG or pharma,) in the role of Business Unit/Division/Group Controller or Finance Director;
- Fluent in English, French is a plus;
- Strong financial simulation, modelling and analytical skills;
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles in Belgian GAAP and US GAAP and of consolidation;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Hands-on, result oriented and pragmatic;
- Ability to work independently, strong leadership.
Interested in this position as Finance Director? Apply today!
De Kleetlaan 12a Bus 4 / Boite 4 (4th Floor)