Finance and Administration Director - Brussels
Post Date : 30 May 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Description :Robert Half is currently looking for a (m/f) Finance & Administration Director for one of our clients.
Our client, active in retail is located in Brussels.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Finance & Administration Director will have following responsibilities:
- Lead the Belgium and Luxembourg accounting team (10 people) and ensure the company meets all local accounting, tax and legal requirements for all Group Brands and Companies;
- Meet all Group requirements in relation to Group procedures and Group Reporting, especially in relation to the month-end closing reporting (under IFRS);
- Analyse and implement group policies;
- Supervise all accounting related areas: treasury, taxation, transactions, budget accounting and bookkeeping;
- Support external audits;
- Implement and continually supervise group internal control procedures;
- Cash flow forecast and banking relationships;
- Supervise all task related to general affairs, stock management;
- Responsible for financial statements and report preparation on a regular and special request basis, assisting departments with accounting data;
- Perform complex accounting work according to generally accepted accounting principles;
- Prepare tax related documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports;
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts. Perform verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices and balances;
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and implement the year end closing processes and procedure; conduct yearend closing process; conduct self-standard internal audits of various accounting records;
- Prepare a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes;
- Provide technical accounting support and interpretation to employees;
- Coordinate activities with other departments and work groups as needed;
- Control over accounting related areas: treasury, taxation (deferred taxes), payables, payroll, stock management and statistic filing;
- Look for synergies and efficiency at process level;
- Monitor and analyse financial and operating reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management;
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
The requested qualifications for the position of Finance & Administration Director include:
- Master in Finance, Economics or other relevant subjects;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in accounting/tax/controlling, ideally in retail or in big 4;
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English, knowledge of Spanish is a plus;
- High knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and IFRS;
- Knowledge of internal control procedures; commercial laws, tax laws, customs law, labour laws;
- Strong IT capabilities;
- Strong people management skills, strong leadership by assigning work/projects and problem solving profile;
- Strong analytical skills, good team player, well organised, group oriented.
Interested in this position as Finance & Administration Director? Apply today!