Finance Accounting Manager - Brussels
June 11, 2019
Accounting & finance
The company is located in Brussels and is active in the precious metal industry.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, your responsibilities as Finance Accounting Manager RtoR will be:
- You integrate the new activities/entities, act as their SPOC and make sure that closing and reporting activities are correctly executed;
- You identify, design and implement solutions for projects in the area of Record To Report projects;
- You manage end-to-end projects: setup requirements, follow up of the project, testing and implementation;
- You will supervise, motivate and coach min. one person on a daily basis and act as back-up for the Senior Accounting Manager;
- You act as first point of contact for the financial responsible in the assigned business units (BU controllers and Accounting Managers) and other departments (Tax; Treasury; …);
- You are the Business owner for one or more accounting processes such as payroll accounting, provisions,… and setup analytical reporting and control of the balances and the movements;
- You coordinate together with the BU Finance responsible the monitoring and reporting of the results of the assigned legal entities, being able to explain the results of the BU and entities under supervision on a monthly basis;
- You actively participate to the Digitalization/Automation roadmap and designs accordingly processes of the R2R value stream, including development of a global process "Blueprint" that will be implemented into policies, procedures, and systems;
- You assure successful implementation of standard global processes, evaluate end-to-end performance and adjust as needed;
- You design and implement internal controls to ensure a best-in-class organization and connect with the external auditors on the topics under scope.
Required profile for the Finance Accounting Manager RtoR:
- You have a master degree in economics or equivalent by experience;
- You have minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a Shared Service set up or within audit;
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch and / or French are an asset;
- You have a 1st understanding and vision on digitalization and automation within Finance;
- You are able to work in a highly IS system driven environment (SAP, Cognos,…),
- You have experience with the new technologies and a strong knowledge of ERP Tools especially in the SAP suite (FI/CO);
- You have a very strong technical background in accounting, process improvements and automation and in implementing Internal control and reconciliations;
- With your excellent project management skills you are able to organize cross functional teams at multiple locations.
- You have strong analytical skills and are capable of analyzing numerical data, challenging and summarizing information and production of workable solutions;
- You are a team player with strong leadership and communication skills, able to influence other teams and demonstrate a high degree of cultural-awareness;
- Curiosity and ownership are part of your DNA;
- You meet deadlines, work under pressure in a changing environment and dealing with ambiguity does not affect your enthusiasm and positive mindset.
What our client offers:
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits including a company car.
With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Interested in this position? Apply today.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:
De Kleetlaan 12a Box 4 - 4th floor