Deputy AML Officer - Brussels
Robert Half Legal is currently looking to recruit a (m/f) Deputy AML Officer for one of our clients.
Our client is an international company active in the banking sector and is located in Brussels.
As Deputy AML Officer, in a Senior Manager role managing 4 people, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Setting and developing internal policies in the area of Financial Crime Compliance, researching and understanding changes in AML/CTF regulation;
- Advising senior management on the implications and scope of internal policies and related plans, and on the regulatory implications of future business strategies;
- Providing subject matter expertise to the business and responding to queries and being a point of reference;
- Conducting due diligence reviews, reporting on the outcome of AML risk assessments, ensuring that remedial action is taken, identifying, investigating and resolving non-compliant activities, dealing with issues such as sanctions;
- Setting the annual AML plan, undertaking risk monitoring and quality assurance, developing guidance materials, controls, training resources and sessions, and overseeing their implementation;
- Manage and support the Compliance Monitoring and Testing activities relating to Financial Crime to ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Program is completed in line with the annual Compliance Action Plan and the Head Office requirements;
- Report Financial Crime Compliance related matters as necessary to the MLRO, the EMEA Regional Chief Compliance Officer and, as Deputy, regularly update the Brussels Head of the Branch about these activities, any important changes to local laws and specific occurrences of particular interest.
The requested qualifications for the positon of Deputy AML Officer include:
- Master degree in Law, or equivalent;
- Fluent level of English and good knowledge of French or Dutch;
- Extensive AML/CTF experience in management role and considerable experience of advising businesses on how to comply with laws, rules and regulations relating to Financial Crime, and of investigating potential or actual breach of relevant laws, rules and regulations;
- Good team management skills, ability to work as a team player, and ability to manage several projects at the same time;
- Previous experience as senior manager in Financial Crime and knowledge of corporate banking in EMEA are an asset.
Our client offers you a strong international perspective, working in a young and dynamic environment.
Interested in this position of Deputy AML Officer? Apply today!
By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: